Rusty Raccoon News
January 11-15th 2016
What happened this week?
- Talked about Arctic animals
- Who lives in the Arctic?
- How do Arctic animals stay warm?
- We did a science experiment to understand how Arctic animals stay warm. We used Crisco as blubber.
- We made snow in the sensory table.
- The kids built homes for Arctic animals using various blocks, cups, Legos and magna tiles.
- The kids used sugar cubes to build igloos and homes for Arctic animals.
- Discussed the letter J and brainstormed words beginning with the letter.
- Cold, Colder, Coldest
- Polar Bear Night
- Animals In Winter
- Cold Snap
- A Baby Polar Bear Story
- A Baby Seal Story
- The Three Snow Bears
Experimenting with blubber. Emmet says it keeps his hand warm in the cold water!
Mia was excited to feel the crisco on her hand!
Does the crisco keep Zoe's hand warm in the ice cold water?
- Next weeks letter is D
- School will be closed on Monday January 18th for Martin Luther King Day
Sawyer and Emmett building with sugar cubes.
Luke playing with snow in the sensory table!
Lauren, sawyer and Jace building homes for the Arctic animals.