OES Panther Press
January 4, 2021
We are looking forward to having our students and staff return to school. As we have many students returning to Face to Face Instruction, please plan for a longer than usual car line in the mornings and afternoons. Also, please review with your child the importance of wearing a mask and using hand sanitizer.
Returning to School
- To keep everyone safe, we are asking that students do NOT report on Tuesday if:
- The student is experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 (stuffy nose, cough, difficulty breathing, nausea, vomiting, fever).
- Someone in the home is currently positive with COVID-19.
- The student had direct exposure to someone with a positive case of COVID-19 over the break (within 6 feet for 15 minutes in a 24 hour period, with or without a mask).
- The student tested positive for COVID-19 over break.
- Please contact the school Tuesday morning to establish a return-to-school date.
Students Returning to Face to Face from Home Connect
If you have a student returning to campus, please make sure your child's teacher knows how your child will be going home. All cars in the carline must have a current car tag in the afternoon. Parents in vehicles without a car tag will have to park in the parking lot, go up to the office and show a valid ID.
Also, students returning should be sure to return their school issued Chromebook and chargers and any other school materials, including textbooks.
Finally, if Tuesday is your child's first day back, remember to send them in with a mask and a water bottle. Remind them that if they are not sure where they are going, we will have staff available throughout the hallways to help them get to their classroom.
A Message from the Foundation...
Lighthouse Nominations: Nominations for the LIGHTHOUSE AWARDS has been EXTENDED! The Lighthouse Awards honors our most deserving teacher at each school. During this unprecedented time, teachers are going above and beyond and this is an opportunity to share your thoughts on your favorite teacher---past or present! Nominations will be accepted until Monday, January 4th. Winners will be announced in May 2021.
To nominate a teacher, click here.
Important Dates for January
1/4 Hurricane Make Up Day
1/18 Martin Luther King Jr. Day (No School)
NEWS FROM OUR AMAZING PTO...
PTO Event Recap video: check out all the fun we had so far!
Staff of the week continues this week! Nominate your favorite staff member here!
Stay tuned for what we have planned for the second half of the year!
Please be mindful of the speed limit in school zones. Also, be aware that you can only utilize a hands-free device, while driving on school property and in a School Zone. This means texting and making calls without utilizing the hands-free option is subject to traffic citation.