LES Weekly Press
Week of September 18, 2023
Our Vision: Reimagining education, instilling community pride, inspiring future success.
Our mission: LAKEWOOD... A FAMILY-FRIENDLY, INCLUSIVE COMMUNITY DEDICATED TO EMPOWERING EVERY LEARNER THROUGH INNOVATION, COLLABORATIVE PROBLEM-SOLVING AND CONSISTENT COMMUNICATION.
Message from the Principal
Dear Lakewood Families,
What a beautiful week we have had this week! Pre-School's pictures are on Monday the 18.
This Wednesday is a 2 hour delay, so students will enter the building at 10:30am. Buses will arrive two hours later than your typical pick-up time.
The mum sale is ending October 20, please consider ordering.
In this together!
18- Pre-K Picture Day
20- Two hour delay - Doors open at 10:30am, Mum Sales Due
12- PTO VanBuran Family Night
14- 11am-1pm Mum Pick-up
19- End of 1st 9 Weeks
20- No School
23- No School students
24- Parent Teacher Conference Night
25- 2 hour delay
27- Character day/Learning with a Loved One- PM- TBD
The LHS cheerleading team is hosting a Halloween Dance at JIS on Saturday, October 7 from 6:00pm-7:30pm for grades K-5. Tickets are $10 and can be bought by clicking on the link below. We can't wait to see you!!
Lakewood Elementary School & Jackson Intermediate School are hosting the 2023 mumkin sale!
- Be sure to check your emails (& junk box) for your students web sale code today. Please contact us via FB messenger or @ email@example.com if you do not receive an email for the sale. Check your child's folder for catalogs, info about sale & incentive list.
- These items are only available through the Lakewood Elementary School & Jackson Intermediate School sale as they are special designs!
- If your student sells 20 or more items, they will get to silly string Mrs. Henry & Mrs, McCartney or Mrs. Cline & Ms. Webster!
- Delivery day will be 10/14/23 from 11 AM - 1 PM at Hebron New Life Church. We are not responsible for flowers not picked up on this day and they will be donated within the community. Parent/Guardian is responsible for picking up ALL of the students orders and dispersing them to their buyers
- Preschool through 5th grade will be selling! Thank you for your continued support!
- This Sale ends 9/20/23 at 11:59 PM
Free and Reduced Lunch Forms/Fee Waiver
Regular price- $1.50/ Reduced price- .30
Regular price- $3.00; Reduced price- .40
Milk- .50 for all
Directions for on-line free and reduced lunch application:
This form must also be completed to determine if your child qualifies for a fee waiver.
Printable Free and Reduced Lunch Application- you can turn into Lakewood office.
Classroom Teacher Emails
Make sure you also check our Lakewood ES webpage, we put a lot of information up on the website.
Lakewood Elementary Office Staff
Mrs. Amy McCartney- Dean of Students
Mrs. Melissa Harkness- Secretary
Mrs. Bethany White-Secretary
Mrs. Kristina Parsley- School Counselor
Mrs. Marcella Brownlee- School Psychologist
Mrs. Amy Morrison-District Nurse
Mrs. Debbie Miller-Hebron Clinic Aide