Willie Brown Academy Insider
May 22, 2020
WBA Virtual Field Day
Read with Me! Mansfield ISD
Dear MISD Families,
We are pleased to announce a very special event on Tuesday, May 26, 2020 called Read with Me! Mansfield ISD. This virtual reading marathon will be an entire day to celebrate reading! We have an interactive website available through Classlink and through this link (www.tinyurl.com/ReadWithMeMISD2020) where students can read throughout the day along with virtual read alouds, book crafts, special guest readers and much more! Students must be logged into their @misdmail.net accounts to access the website. Don’t forget to log how many minutes you’ve read so we can reach our district-wide reading goal for the day! Happy reading!
20/21 School Supplies
Proof of Residency for 20/21 School Year
Mansfield ISD welcomes you and your family to a new school year! Before school starts in August, all students are required to provide proof of residence (POR).
All families with returning students to Mansfield Independent School District may email their proof of residence to their student’s current campus at: Brown_POR@misdmail.org (for WBA students)....Orr_POR@misdmail.org for those who will be moving on to Mary Orr Intermediate.
PLEASE NOTE: Each campus has their own email address, so if you have multiple students at different campuses, you will need to send a separate POR to each campus’ email.
Satisfactory proof of residence includes:
- Electric, Gas, or Water Bill – with May service dates or later
Newly Established Residency in last 30 days includes:
- Lease Agreement
- The lease agreement may be acceptable if it is new (30 days or less).
- Is used when you do not have a utility bill and the lease states bills are paid by lessor.
- Other documentation may be requested when a utility bill is not available.
- The lease agreement must list the student occupants.
CAMP Team Distance Learning
Medications at school?
New Days and Times for Free Meals
To better serve the community, please note the new days and time span for the Mansfield ISD free meals program.
Starting May 12, all kids up to age 18 and adults with special needs up to age 21 will receive the free food from 9 to 11 a.m. on Tuesdays and Fridays. (Three breakfast meals and three lunch meals will be provided on those days.)
- Glenn Harmon Elementary School
- D.P. Morris Elementary School
- Annette Perry Elementary School
- Mary Jo Sheppard Elementary School
- Della Icenhower Intermediate School
- Lake Ridge High School
Mansfield ISD wants to ensure that all students will still be provided a nutritious meal while schools have been closed to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus virus (COVID-19). An average of 9,000 meals per day are distributed through the program.
The packaged meals are distributed in a drive-thru fashion. Walkers and bike riders are also welcome to grab a meal to go.
No one will need to exit their personal vehicles; and if the child is not present, a form of ID or proof of enrollment will need to be presented on site.
Examples of ID and proof of enrollment are:
- • An official Letter/email from school that shows children as enrolled
- • An individual student report cards
- • An attendance record from parent portal of school website
- • A birth certificate for children not in school
- • A student ID card
Children do not have to be a student at the campus to qualify for the meal, and families can visit any of the participating sites.
COVID-19 Shutdown: FAQ
Check out the FAQ's posted on MISD's website for general questions. If you don't see what you are needing here, always feel free to reach out to Mrs. Eastlick @ email@example.com.