Haatchi and Little B
By Wendy Holden
2. 10 Key events in chronological order
1. Parents broke up.
2. Owen met Haatchi.
3. Owen made an everlasting bond with Haatchi.
4. Haatchi adapted to the home.
5. Haatchi hurt himself and Owen was there for him.
6. His buddy Haatchi won a prize.
7. He got a new chair.
8. He had a cold and a bad cough.
9. Haatchi and the family were scared because of a train.
10. His dad and Colleen got married.
Author: Wendy Holden
Publishing date: 2014
Intended Audience:" Those who are different and to the humans and animals who love them all the more because of it".
How is the text organized? Chronological order.
Any biases: Yes. She likes Owen and she thinks he worked really hard. I know this because she sometimes said that he worked hard and she wasn't ever negative towards him.
4. Give three character traits and prove with an example for each.
First, he works hard. He had to try hard to even walk or do anything. Nothing ,physically, was easy for Owen. The whole story he fought through and didn't give up. Secondly, he is a pretty brave guy. He had gone through so much and took on many other things even if he may have been skeptical (iffy) about it. Lastly, he is very kind. He would take the time when people wanted to know about Haatchi and tell them all about him, even if they were just curious strangers.
5. How did Owens early life affect events in his life later? Give atleast one example.
6. Name three people who influenced Owen. How did they?
1. Haatchi influenced Owen. Haatchi made Owen very, very happy and when Haatchi took his medicines, Owen would want to also.
2. Colleen influenced Owen also. She was the one that made fundraisers for him and she was very much like a mother to him. Without her, Owen wouldn't be as far as where he is today.
3. Lastly, his dad influenced him. He was the one that Owen looked up to, as most children do. He was influential with him trying to be strong through life.