October 17, 2018
Roosevelt Weekly Parent Info
Hello to all Roosevelt families! A few reminders for the week:
• Coffee with the Principal: Drop your children off at school, and come for a cup of coffee at Cub Foods West from 7:30-8:30 on Friday, October 26. This is simply an opportunity to connect with the school in another way.
• Can Collection for Ethan: Have you heard about this awesome project spearheaded by Mrs. Krusemark's class? Check it out here, and bring your donation of cans to Roosevelt. This is being extended for two more can collection opportunities--October 16 and 23.
• BOX TOPS: Did you know that box tops expire? And can only be submitted twice a year? We currently have about $250 worth of Box Tops collected. Wouldn't it be awesome to try and double that by the first submission deadline of November 1st? Please in all Box Tops ASAP to try and reach $500 before November 1st. Thanks so much! The Roosevelt PTO.
• Rocky Time:...have your students told you about this? Last week, we kicked off the RESPECT theme and the OKAY CAMPAIGN. Any reinforcing you can provide at home around this idea is much appreciated!
• Family Day at the National Association for Gifted Children: There is an amazing opportunity in the Twin Cities on November 17. The National Association for Gifted Children is hosting their annual conference in Minneapolis this year. The are hosting a Family Day on Saturday, November 17. There is a cost for this event, BUT it's very reasonable and it looks amazing. Register here. I have heard it fills quickly, so don't delay.
• No School on October 18 & 19 this week. Enjoy the break!
Have a great weekend, Raccoons!!
SRR examples were shared at this month's celebration from Ms. Kitzmann, Mr. Mitchell, Mrs. Carroll, Mrs. Sheldrup, and Mrs. Fitterer. Thank you staff for showcasing some of the best SRR examples from the month.
Way to go, Raccoons! These students won prizes at this month's celebration. Keep reading, Raccoons, and keep walking the ALPS course in the mornings before school.
This year's Walk-A-Thon was a huge success. Not only did the PTO raise nearly $15,000, but we had a fantastic walk on a beautiful fall day. Top fundraising winners will be announced at our November celebration.