AUGUST 6, 2020
Dear Penngrove Families,
1. Please make SURE you have completed Aeries Data Confirmation. Yesenia most likely emailed you this week if you are have not done so. Please don't let Cherry Valley beat us with 100% participation. #wearenumber1
2. Please take 5 minutes to complete the meal application form EVEN IF YOU DO NOT USE OUR LUNCH PROGRAM. (Yes, I am yelling!) I have no idea why we don't have a better name for this "application" but let's go with it. Read details below but just for you completing the form, we receive funding and we're grateful for any little bit we get!
CONGRATS! You're completing week 3!!! Amazing! So proud of you all! (grown ups AND kids!)
Finally, I hope you caught wind of something new and exciting we launched today at Penngrove. Around the World Wednesdays!!!! Ask your child about it! Around the World Wednesdays is not optional but it is loads of fun. You can catch a glimpse of our hype video below.
If your child has ideas for spirit days, I'm still accepting them so send any fun thoughts my way.
A schedule reminder: Does this seem to be what your child is engaging in each day? If not, you may want to check in with your teacher. Your open and honest feedback is appreciated!
- TK - K: 180 minutes or 3 hours each day
- 1st - 3rd: 230 minutes or 3.8 hours each day
- 4th - 6th: 240 minutes or 4 hours each day
Office Hours: Are you taking advantage of your teacher's office hours? Don't want to help your child with a specific assignment? We're here for you! Office hours scheduled each day are a time that parents can schedule with the teacher or teachers can arrange with families or students for meetings and check-ins. Please help your chid take advantage of office hours for help, questions, work completion time or maybe even just a quick hello!
Wishing you a strong end to a busy week!
Don't miss Penny McPanther's dance moves at the end!
We need 100% participation!
Even if your family never accesses school lunches, we still need your participation in this year’s meal application program!
This 5 minute survey could qualify us for $2-3k per child for other grants and funding opportunities. You’d be surprised! We're so grateful for your time.
Here's the scoop:
Only one application per family needed
Complete the form online at Titan (many of you did this last year!) or the good old hardcopy paper version
Feel awesome that you helped your school AND that you don’t have to get annoying reminder emails, texts, and calls
Lunches Are Being Served at Penn!
Meals Served: Breakfast and Lunch
Schedule: Monday and Wednesday
- Monday pickup will be 2 lunches and 2 breakfasts
- Wednesday pick up will be 3 lunches and 3 breakfasts
- Pick-up service time will be from 12:15 - 1 p.m.
- Pick-up locations:
- Penngrove Elementary: The staff parking lot at the back door of the cafeteria. Ms. Julie will be waiting for you!
Servicio de Comidas Para Llevar
Recordatorios importantes: Estamos alentando a todas las familias a completar un Formulario para almuerzo gratis o a precio reducido como parte del proceso de inscripción de este año. Vaya aquí para obtener más información y completar este formulario.
A partir de mañana, se proporcionará un servicio de comidas Para Llevar en nuestra escuela 2 veces por semana para las familias que califican para el servicio de comidas gratis o a precio reducido. Los padres deberán proporcionar el nombre y el número de identificación de sus hijos.
Comidas Servidas: Desayuno y Almuerzo
Horario: lunes y miércoles
- Los lunes se entregará 2 almuerzos y 2 desayunos.
- Los miércoles se entregará 3 almuerzos y 3 desayunos.
- El horario para levantar la comida será de 12:15 a 1 p.m.
- Lugar donde levantar la comida:
- Escuela Primaria Penngrove: El estacionamiento del personal en la puerta trasera de la cafetería.
There are many ways to volunteer this school year outside of the classroom! Below are the current opportunities to help through the Penngrove PTA.
Standing Committees: The PTA has standing committees to help conduct business and this year they are open to Association members. The level of commitment is between 1 and 3 meetings throughout the year at a mutually agreed upon time. If you are interested in assisting the board members with their objectives, please reach out!
Budget: To join, contact Erica Arent at email@example.com
Bylaws/Standing Rules: To join, contact Brian Dufour at firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership: To join, contact Sara Caudill at email@example.com
Reflections Program: The Reflections Program is a National PTA Arts program that Penngrove has participated in the last two years. There are six categories for students to enter their work of art. This is a great way to volunteer from home with an online leader guide from the National PTA. To learn more about chairing this program, contact Parmeeta Ghoman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Panthers Playground Fundraising: We are excited to get started on our Phase One Panthers Playground Fundraising campaign to work towards adding a new play structure to our field. To assist with fundraising, contact Adrien McGoon at email@example.com.
Family Engagement Activities: The PTA is working on a variety of virtual events to build community during the next two months including a COVID-19 time capsule, Where's Penny scavenger hunt, #ProudToBeAPanther spirit campaign and a Lego building competition plus more! To assist with event planning, contact Lisa Tarrant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get to Know ParentSquare! We are so exited about utilizing this new exciting tool!
Thursday, August 6th @ 2pm
Assistant Superintendent of Educational Services Cliff DeGraw and Director Jason Sutter will host a webinar today, Thursday, August 6th for parents to discuss the upcoming Distance Learning model used in Petaluma City Schools. Topics will include schedules, expectations, best practices, and some time for questions and answers. They will discuss the elementary program from 2:00 to 3:30 and the secondary program from 4:00 to 5:30. Spoiler alert, some of our teachers might be present!
PCS Elementary Webinar for Parents
Meeting ID: 853 9520 6630
PCS Secondary Webinar for Parents