Where the Wild Things Are
2nd Grade Musical April 28th
You are invited!!
They have been working hard on their interpretation of this fun story. They have created choreography, simple instrument accompaniments, and put lots of their own creativity into this program. The story will be narrated and acted out while the children perform singing games and songs with the story. The Percussion 101 classes will also be joining us on a couple of the songs. I highly encourage all 2nd grade parents to come and see your child's performance. I am so proud of their hard work and creativity! This could be one of my favorite programs that I have ever done with a group. I hope you can make it!!
When: Tuesday, April 28th
Times: 1:30 pm and 6:30 pm in the Adolphus Gym
Auditions for Max, the Mother and Narrators
What Does my child need for the performance?
- The children are all going to be the Wild Things.
- All children will need to dress in Grey and Khaki or Brown
- We have a program shirt that I encourage you to order if you can. The cost is $7.50 per shirt. The shirt will be dark grey and have "Where the Wild Things Are" Adolphus Spring Musical 2015 on it. Please click on this link for the online order form to secure your child's t-shirt now : http://form.jotform.us/form/50845474710153
- If you choose not to order a shirt, kids can wear a solid color dark grey shirt.
- Khaki or Brown Pants, Skirts or capri's will work best. Students may wear crazy hair the day of the program....make sure that hair is not too tall. Colored hair spray is also fine.
- If they have funny animal ear headbands, that will also be fine, like wolf, bear, cat, dog, etc. The headbands are not required but feel free to wear them if you have them.
I need some help!! Parent Volunteers
- I need someone to build a little cardboard boat that can be attached to a wagon or scooter so that a Max can sail across the stage....I'm thinking cardboard straps over shoulder kind of thing or cardboard secured to a wagon or scooter type thing...pinterest?
- I also need parents to help put up some decor before the program. A backdrop has been ordered but needs to be attached to the back wall of the stage, much like the Chistmas program but a Jungle backdrop. We are going to need lots of ticky tack. Mrs. Macha has been working hard on some big Wild things that she has drawn. Kindergarten has also been working on lots of Wild things Masks for the walls.
- A parent or two who can help direct kids on and off the stage, etc.
If you can help with any of these things, or you have questions, please email me at email@example.com ! Thank you!!