October 22, 2020
Sign up online or in the counseling office to talk with college/university reps and military recruiters who visit GRHS during the school year.
ANNOUNCING VIRUTAL REP VISITS:
What are Virtual Rep Visits?
Representatives from Colleges, Universities and Military Recruiters are available to talk to you about their school or program. Get an idea if a school has classes you want and what campus life is like before you go on an actual visit.
WHO? Available to 11th&12th grade students interested in furthering their education after high school
WHERE? for the 2020-2021 year, they are VIRTUAL Visits. Sign up below to get a link to the visit AND a pass out of class.
WHEN? Visits are scheduled through out the year; see current list below.
WHY? Get an idea if a school has classes you want and what campus life is like before you go on an actual visit
Heidi Clairmont- GRHS Scholarship Coordinator, email@example.com 218-327-5760 x41544
Upcoming Virtual Visits
- Monday, Oct 26th at 11:30AM: University of Utah
- Tuesday, Oct 27th at 11:30AM: Portland State University
- Thursday, Oct 29th at 9:30am: Macalester College
- Thursday, Oct 29th at 10AM: Michigan Technological University
- Monday, Nov 2nd at 1:30PM: Itasca Community College
- Monday, Nov 2nd at 2pm: Alaska Pacific University
- Monday, Nov 2nd at 2:30pm: Judson University
- Tuesday, Nov 3rd at 1PM: University Of Minnesota Twin Cities
- Weds, Nov 4th at 10AM: Lake Superior College
October is College Knowledge month in Minnesota! Counselors and college admissions representatives will be working with seniors this month to complete applications and set up their parchment.com accounts. Parchment.com is how GRHS students send official transcripts to college. Remember your username and password for this website. You will need it in the future any time you need an official transcript.
Many Minnesota colleges and universities offer FREE applications during the month of OCTOBER.
Announcing: Hagen Scholarship Foundation
Deadline is Nov 15, 2020Over 300 new scholarships up to $40,000 each are awarded each year. These are need-based merit scholarships and are only available to rural students nationwide. See Website for more details
Announcing: American Bank of the North Scholarship
- Deadline March 1, 2021
- (2) $2,500 scholarships; Seniors with GPA above 3.0. (2) Letters of recommendation are required; DO NOT need to be an American Bank customer; employee family members are not eligible
Announcing: Blandin Foundation Educational Grant APPLICATION
There is a separate application if you are attending ICC; contact Heidi Clairmont with questions.