Monday Morning Memo: ECMS
Week #21 January 11- January 15
Words of Inspiration...
For all who know Zachery Coltrane's story, you know that Zachery winning the Coweta County School System Spelling Bee is inspirational. He is a kid who has faced (and continues to face) great adversity yet moves forward in life minus regret, bitterness, and blame! If you ever need a reminder of why you chose the teaching profession, get to know Zachery! "Hear, hear" to facing life's adversities and winning!
TEACH, LEARN, and be GREAT this week!
5- Day Forecast
- Complete CCRPI survey at the following link: http://apps.gadoe.org/schoolclimate/personnel.nsf/Survey.xsp
- Complete the questions at the following link: http://goo.gl/forms/AnLHxM9Xpq
- Leadership meeting at 9:30am in the Principal's Conference Room
- Academic Bowl Meet at 4:30pm at East Coweta Middle School
- Pacing Guides are due
Tuesday, January 12
- B'ball: EC @ Evans: Game time- 4:45pm
- Attendance Meeting at 1:00pm in the Principal's Conference Room
Wednesday, January 13
- Report Card Issued in Homeroom
- Principals' Meeting at Central Office- CANCELED
- ECMS Faculty Meeting- CANCELED
Thursday, January 14
- Dr. Jackson off campus at Jackson Street
- PTO meeting at 6:15pm in the cafeteria
- WINTER PEP RALLY(see email from Ms. Bott); review the PM Assembly Schedule
- B'ball: Smokey Road @ EC: Game time- 4:45pm
Friday, January 15
- Happy Friday!
- PTO will sponsor a SOUP and CHILI luncheon in appreciation of the ECMS staff.
- Honor Roll celebration for students in the cafeteria
- Have a wonderful Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. weekend!
To Do List/Reminders
- This is the time to update your CLASS PROFILES. Use SLDS to update your Class Profiles with current Milestones Data.
- Please complete the survey at the following link. The survey is part of our CCRPI. http://apps.gadoe.org/schoolclimate/personnel.nsf/Survey.xsp
- 7th GRADE HOMEROOM TEACHERS: Check your mailboxes for CEC flyers
- MARK YOUR CALENDAR: February 2nd (AdvancED visit) and February 9th (entire 7th grade will visit CEC during the morning classes).
- Pacing Guide is due January 11th.
- Review the Nine Weeks Mastery Based Assessment Model as you prepare your pacing guide.
- Be on the lookout for dates and responsibilities for Milestones review initiatives from Ms. Matthews-Curtis.
- Check your mailbox for Honor Roll wristbands later in the week.
- Celebrate your students! Display your Team's honor roll students.
- Please complete the Google Form at the following link: http://goo.gl/forms/AnLHxM9Xpq
TEACHING and LEARNING at ECMS...
Mr. Pou's STEM class!
We are ready for an EC wedding! Congratulations to Coach Smith and his wonderful fiancee, Maggie!
Milestones Resource Page: https://www.smore.com/p9ez4 (thanks Jessica Slaton)
Georgia Milestones Achievement Level Descriptors:
Study resources from the GADOE: http://www.gadoe.org/Curriculum-Instruction-and-Assessment/Assessment/Pages/EOG-Study-Resource-Guides.aspx
General Information about Milestones Testing this year: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1JQ1xiuZ6pD9bi9VC_7mRBMhVhkhn5KczMwFOlpai3IY/edit#slide=id.p4