Dear FMS Families,
- Our new coding club kicks off tomorrow. All students are welcome to attend (details below).
- One other update for the school is that we will begin a new alternative classroom, ARC, this month (Alternative Resource Classroom). There are two main goals for this classroom, one is that students that may struggle in the traditional classroom setting will have the opportunity to work in the ARC room as needed to achieve academic and behavioral success. Secondly, it will reduce behaviors that distract from learning for students and staff. More updates to come!
- Coffee with the Principal: Newsletters are nice, but if you would rather do a coffee talk, we will start a time each month to visit with the principal in a more informal way. Our first coffee talk will be December 3rd from 7:45-8:30 am. The topic will focus on navigating social media as a middle school parent/caregiver, but I will be happy to answer other questions you may have as well. Coffee will be provided and we will plan to be in the library.
- Do you have a staff member that you would like to recognize for going above and beyond? Take a moment to fill out the link below. Thanks so much!
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions, concerns or celebrations! Thank you for all you do!
Beth Houf and Erica Hogan
Proud Principals, Fulton Middle School
Click on the picture below to recognize a staff member at FPS that goes above and beyond!
Churchill Memorial Art Projects!
November-December at a Glance
- Sports Info here: https://fultonhs.rschoolteams.com/
- NEW CLUB: Coding Club will be held Mondays after school in the computer lab until 4:30. The purpose of the club is to introduce computer science topics and get coding! You can find out more information about what coding is at code.org Our Tech Interns are working on an FMS Club page to add to our website that gives dates, times and locations. It will be up and running by the end of the week.
- Nov. 30th - Tornado Drill
- December 7th - Winter Sports Pictures 3:30, Winter Choir Concert 7pm
- December 10th - No School, PD Day
- December 14th - Arts Alive performance of Annie Jr. 7pm
- December 20th - Band and Guitar concert 6pm
- December 21st-Last day before break, last day of 2nd quarter
- January 3rd, back to school!
Our Webpage has more dates and details:
FMS School Goals and Data Share
School Attendance: 95%
Percentage of Students Here 90% of the time: 86%
(this means 13% of our students have missed more than 90% of school)
Positive - 2264
Office Discipline Referrals - 551
Positive - 1836
Office Discipline Referrals - 369