Your Guide to Creating an Awesome Project!!!
- Project 2 of Civics and Government challenges you to explore the reality of running for President of the United States of America. You will be guided through the decision-making process of selecting a party and platform on which to run. Along with this, you will map out a campaign strategy to address social, political, and economic factors. Some of these include winning votes in swing states, securing financial backing, and addressing divisive issues. This is done on lessons 16-29 with the final draft turned in on lesson 29.
- What this means in a nutshell is that you will be developing your own political campaign during lessons 16-29 and creating a presentation around that government.
**NOTE** This is not your typical writing project! This is a presentation that you create over the course of 3 weeks. You must work on this on a step-by-step basis if you expect to be successful. What this means for you is that you need to take this seriously from day one and I know you can be successful! This is your second go 'round for a presentation project in this class. You know how much time and effort is needed!
- You will work on this project on each lesson (lessons 16-29) and turn in your final presentation at the end of lesson 29…THE NEXT TO LAST LESSON OF CLASS!!!
- During each lesson you will complete a step of this project. YOU MUST COMPLETE THESE STEPS. Your project steps for this project are worth 2.5% of your grade in this class. The final draft is worth 10% of your class grade. This means this project is worth 12.5% of your grade in this course…so take this seriously!
- Each step you complete will help you in your goal of creating a final presentation.
- CLICK ON THE PROJECT DIRECTIONS AND RUBRIC BELOW. You MUST review this information so you can be successful on this project.
- CLICK HERE for a recording of me going over your project directions. I breakdown the entire project here...THIS WILL HELP YOU!!!
**NOTE** This means on that just before the last day of class you turn in your project. This project is 12.5% of your grade overall (2.5% for the steps and 10% for the project itself). This will not reflect onto your overall grade until I grade it!
MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD THE ROUGH DRAFT WORKSHEET AND SAVE IT TO YOUR COMPUTER BEFORE YOU WORK ON IT!!!
What to do if you need help...
- If you need help of any kind on this project CALL ME. I am here to help you be successful. Make sure you call me early on in the process and not at the end. Waiting until the end will only hurt your success. Getting with me early can help you be successful. My phone number here at the school is 480-436-5004
- READ THE DIRECTIONS. They are up above in a Google Doc so you can just click on it and open them. Careful review of the directions can help anyone be successful. Those directions breakdown each section of the project for you.
FOR MAC USERS!!!! (OR IF YOU DON'T HAVE MICROSOFT WORD)
Go to the bottom where it says software + plugin requirements and there is a link for a free download for Open Office under additional software suggestions. You can download this for free then you can save your documents as a Word File. When you are done typing your work click save as then you can save as a Word file. Word files, PowerPoint files (Presentations on Open Office) can be uploaded to the Primavera system. You can also use Prezi or Google Drive to create your presentation of course. Remember all Google links and Prezi links must be made public and saved to a document then uploaded.