This Week in Team
Week of May 9, 2016
Progress Report Timeline
Tuesday, May 10:
- Grades due 8:30am
- Unofficial IPR failure report run
Wednesday, May 11:
- Teachers print Student Detail Reports for students with grades below a 75
Thursday, May 12:
- IPRs printed 12:00 noon
Friday, May 13:
- IPRs distributed during 4th period
- Official Failure Report (3:50pm)
Monday, May 9
AP/IB Testing Continues
Semester 1 UbD Revision Continues
Tuesday, May 10
Wednesday, May 11
Thursday, May 12
Team Does NOT Meet
Friday, May 13
Team Does Not Meet
End of Year Checkout Procedures
Try Watchkin for Distraction-free YouTube Viewing
- Enter the direct URL of a video into Watchkin to have the sidebar content removed.
- Search for videos through Watchkin to find family-friendly results (you can also flag content if you feel it is not family-friendly).
- Download the browser bookmarklet to click while on YouTube to have the related content disappear from the page.
Watch the video below to learn more.
Have ideas for how to use Watchkin in the classroom? Share in the comments below!
ESL Certification Information
From Mr. Jasso:
I email to provide you with information related to our ESL certification discussion in the English Department meeting this morning. A reminder that CISD is moving towards improved service for ESL students through English instruction. This means that new hires, as well as current staff, will be required to obtain ESL certification by the Spring of 2017. CISD will pay for one exam fee for each teacher impacted (you can elect to take the digital test). The cost of updating your certification status with SBEC would be paid by the teacher, however. Below are resources to help you learn more about this certification and resources to help you prepare for this exam.
We will pursue face to face training for interested teachers and provide that time and date when available. Thank you again for your positive attitude (and the Diet Cokes)!