Dec 18 is considered a "snow day". The school calendar has one built in make-up day for the first semester. First semester will still end on January 14. Teacher workdays are still Jan 15 and 18.
Reminders from Fire Marshall:
- Doors can't be propped open if they have an automatic closure
- Hallways and entrances must be clear
- Closest must have a clear path to back wall
Thursday, Jan 7
2nd Grade Power up Meeting at 11:00
Friday, Jan 8
PTB Movie Night
School Improvement meeting - Jan 13
End of 3rd Six weeks- Jan 14
Grading window Jan 14-18
Teacher Workday- Jan 15
Rule #9 Stimulate more of the senses at the same time
- The brain seems to rely partly on past experiences in deciding how to combine signals, so two people can perceive the same event differently
- Our senses evolved to work together- vision influencing hearing, for example- which means that we learn best if we stimulate several senses at once.
- Smells have an unusual power to bring back memories.
- Those in multisensory environments always do better than those in unisensory environments. They have more recall with better resolution that lasts longer, evident even 20 years later.
- Whole brain teaching- adding motions to Tier 3 vocabulary or other concepts
- Include more than one sense in your classroom instruction (smells, music, color, pictures, words, touch, etc)
Multisensory Ideas for SIght words