a Cohen Career Center publication
What You'll Find
- Resource Spotlight: Exam Study Room Reservation
Three Reasons Mentorship is a Key to Success
- Read about why mentorship is so important for young professionals
Tips for the Summer
- Learn some simple steps to make the most out of your summer career planning
Renting in NYC
- Considering a future move to the Big Apple? Learn all about the rental process
- Hear why career advising can be such a valuable resource during your job search
- Even though you're on break, we're still here this summer!
Resource Spotlight: Exam Study Room Reservation
Rooms can be reserved for four-hour blocks from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. or 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. You are also allowed to bring up to three friends to share the room with you. You're just asked to keep the room clean and organized during your time block.
Why Mentorship is Key for Young Professionals
In this short article for Forbes, author Chris Myers outlines the reasons why mentorship is important and how young professionals can identify and form meaningful mentor relationships.
A few takeaways:
- Mentors can become your champions, helping introduce you to the world of work
- Mentorship can help you focus on short and long-term career goals
- Mentorship can provide access to valuable connections and expertise
Tips for Summer Career Planning
- Seek an internship or part-time work! After tapping into your own network, you can also explore opportunities on Tribe Careers or other job search databases
- Volunteer for an organization you love! Not only can you develop professional skills as a volunteer, but it can also be a great networking opportunity
- Polish your resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn. It's never too late, or too early, to revisit these documents and give them a fresh update. We can help!
- Career research, assessments like Focus 2, and informational interviews, are more ways you can make short-term commitments to your career planning this summer
Looking to Rent in NYC?
Who: Cooper & Cooper Real Estate
What: "Renting in New York - A Practical guide" webinar
When: Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 1 p.m. EST
RSVP: Kindly RSVP at CooperCooper.com/RentingWebinar
Use promo code "WM417"
After getting help at the Career Center, I began to see a lot of positive responses regarding my resume and interview skills, I learned how to navigate tricky situations that can come up during the job search process, and I learned so much about the industry I was entering into, which ultimately allowed for me to find the best environment and position for me." - Jackie Wheelock '17 (Master's degree in History)
Come Visit! We're Open All Summer!
To schedule an appointment, visit us, or call (757)-221-3231.
Share the Love!
Feedback on this newsletter? Did you find this content useful? Is there something we left out that interests you? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments or suggestions.
Know someone else who would like to receive this? They can subscribe by logging in to TribeCareers. Next, select Profile>Academic. Scroll to the bottom of the screen to see the section called Areas of Interest. Select both or one of the following interest areas: Education and Counseling or Psychology,
Wish to unsubscribe? If you do not want to receive future issues of this newsletter, you can unsubscribe by editing your Areas of Interest on TribeCareers.