Hooked on Books
Edison Public Library Summer Reading Edition
How to Get A Library Card for the Edison Public Library
- Library cards are issued free of charge to residents who live or own property in Edison
- Proof of residence, employment in Edison or school enrollment in Edison is required to obtain a library card. Cards must be renewed in person only (no phone renewals) every 3 years except for those who work or are enrolled in Edison schools and do not live in the township. These 2 type of cards must be renewed annually.
- Lost or stolen cards should be reported immediately. Replacement fee for a lost card is $1. The lost card replacement fee is $5.00 after first loss.
- Library cards are issued when a child enters kindergarten. A parent’s signature is required for children up to the age of 18.
- An Edison Township Library Card may be used at the Main Library, North Edison Branch, the Clara Barton Branch, and the Bookmobile. A valid Library Card enables one to borrow the following: Books, Magazines, Pamphlets, Books on Tape, Music CDs, Videos, DVDs and computer software.
- Our library participates in reciprocal borrowing with many libraries in the area. Residents with a valid Library Card are entitled to borrow materials from these libraries. Certain restrictions may apply. Ask at the Circulation Desk for the latest list of participating libraries
- IDENTIFICATION ACCEPTED FOR LIBRARY CARD REGISTRATION: Only one form of identification is required. All forms of ID must show name, address and expiration date. Bills must be dated within three months:
1. Driver’s License/Driver’s Permit
2. Edison Township Tax Bill
4. Motor Vehicle Identification or Car Insurance Bill
5. Senior Citizen ID Card
6. Temporary INS Visa Status Card
7. Utility Bill/Credit Card Bill
- NOT ACCEPTED IDENTIFICATION:
1. Social Security Card
2. Personal Mail
3. Bank Statement
5. P.O. Box
Get A Temporary Library Card
Edison Residents, you can now apply for a temporary library card online. You will be sent your library barcode within two business days, letting you take advantage of our online resources.
This card will be valid for six months and provide privileges for online services only. Please stop by one of our branches with proof of your address to have your temporary card upgraded to a permanent library card.
Click HERE to register.
Tails and Tales Summer Reading Club
Open to : All Ages (Preschool, School Age, Teens and Adults)
Registration begins: Tuesday, June 1st
Contact: Carolyn 732-548-3045 x5250
All Edison residents are invited to join our special summer reading club. Upon registering you will be placed in the appropriate age group.
You may then begin reading from books borrowed from the library (e-books, audio books, etc.) and enter them in your account to keep a log of your reading progress. This also makes you eligible for various prizes that will be issued by the library to encourage continued reading!
Click HERE to register for Pre-K, Children, Teens and Adults.
Monday: Show Day -- view an original, interactive show that's sure to engage your children.
Tuesday: Craft Day -- Simple, fun crafts are demonstrated that inspire creativity.
Wednesday: Author/Illustrator Day -- Short interviews with some book creators.
Thursday: Mashup Day: Recipes, games, crafts and other fun stuff .
Friday: Special Guest/ Field Trip Day: Virtually visit some amazing places and people.
Open to: Children ages 1 - 8 and siblings who also wish to view the events
Register: You will need a library card to register. Click HERE (enter your library code and PIN) to receive a password that will work with all Page Turner Events.
Click HERE to see the calendar list of events. Click on the link in the calendar on the day of the event to enter your password and enter a world a fun!