It is tradition to send Coach Stewart a motivational message the morning of a football game. Last week's message was also one that I had a chance to share in person with our THS Band as they prepared for their Area competition. It's a message that transcends time and place and one that I hope our students take away every day in TISD.
"No matter how good or how bad your opponent may be there is only one constant in competition -- that afterwards you do not remain the same. You either get better or get worse, but never stay the same. This is the real decision you have to make when you compete as coaches, teachers and players. Will we leave this competition better than when we entered? Do we walk away better or worse? As Wildcats we strive to always improve - and with that mentality, from each and every one of you, we will always have the best possible chance to succeed."
Our Bilingual Program was selected to be featured in this video from a National Publisher. Check it out....
This article is an interesting read about developmental science and the achievement gap...
Did You Know???
- Temple ISD's new Administration building is open for business at 401 Santa Fe Way in downtown Temple.
- The City of Temple Reinvestment Zone (RZ) financed $10 million of the $12 million construction of the new TISD Administration Building.
- Our THS Marching Band earned all Superior ratings at Region and went on to compete in the Area competition...yay band!
- Kennedy-Powell's Maribeth Brown has been selected as a PLTW Outstanding Teacher and Principal Kelly Madden has been selected as a PLTW Outstanding Educational Leader -- both are eligible to receive national award recognition through PLTW.
- Our Varsity Football players and Athletic Training Students made goodie bags for the Marching Band to thank them for their dedication this season and wish them well at their Area competition.
...Now that you know, please share these exciting accomplishments with others!