Overall Score: 67.2 World Rank: 51
Costa Rica Quick Facts/United States
- Population: $4.8 million/$316.4 million
- GDP: $61.6 billion/$16.8 trillion
- GDP Growth: 3.5%/1.9%
- GDP per capita: $12,942/$53,101
- Unemployment: 7.7%/7.5%
- Inflation: 5.2%/1.5%
- Foreign Direct Investment: $2.7 billion/$187.5 billion
A legal system is a procedure or process for interpreting and enforcing the law. Property rights are an important factor of a legal system. In Costa Rica, the court system is not very efficient and cases can be delayed. Corruption can occur, and the justice branch can be influenced by other branches of the government.
Costa Rica has a healthy competitive market. Its economy has developed to reach out globally as well as domestically. The government has a limited economic presence, which allowed the business in Costa Rica to flourish. the economy is focused on tourism, agriculture, and technology.
Costa Rica - Economy
Costa Rica has been improving its economy to expand globally. It focuses on using human resources as the main source of its economic progress.
- The average Costa Rican makes $6,000 a year and the average wage labor is $10 per day, the highest in Central America.
- $1.92 billion dollar tourism industry.
- Primarily a producer of bananas and coffee.