First Grade Footnotes
Florence Elementary, Week 6, Sept. 28, 2015
Parent Conferences begin this week! Please check your calendar for your scheduled conference time. We look forward to celebrating your child with you!
Red Ribbon Schedule:
- FRIDAY 10/2 - “Follow Your Dreams – Don’t Do Drugs!” – Pajama Day!
- FRIDAY 10/9 – “Team Up Against Drugs and Bullying!” Wear Your Favorite team T-Shirt, Jersey or Sweatshirt (It’s Also Keller High Homecoming, so Indians gear would be great!)
- FRIDAY 10/16 – “Join the Fight Against Drugs!” – Dress in Camo!
- FRIDAY 10/23 – “I’m Not Crazy – I Make Healthy Choices!” – Crazy Hair Day!!
THURSDAY OCTOBER 22rd 9:00-10:00
Presentation for parents by Marcene
Weatherall, Drug and Alcohol Abuse
Prevention Coordinator for KISD.
Informative presentation that gives parents tools to
address issues and concerns with
their children making healthy/wise choices.
Theme of the Week: Subtraction
Character Quality for September: Responsibility
- Please check your child’s folder each day for valuable work and information.
- Water bottles are allowed.
- Lunch prices: $2.65 for students and $3.40 for adults.
IMPORTANT TIMES TO REMEMBER…
- Reading - Please read daily with your child for at least 15 mins.
- Math - Go to www.abcya.com and play some math games. Do simple subtraction problems with your child using objects around the house.