3rd Grade News
Mrs. Politis and Mr. Dickson's Team
What We Are Learning...
* In ELA, students are learning to make predictions, analyze characters and build reading stamina. We are continuing our narrative writing and have started responding to texts in our reader response notebooks.
* In Math, students are finishing up rounding and moving into addition and subtraction.
* In Social Studies, we will explore the regions of North Carolina and the 5 Themes of Geography.
* In Science, students are digging deeper into forces and motion.
* We will be finishing our reading assessments this week!
BOOK FAIR THIS WEEK!
September 20th: 8:00am - 3:00pm and 6:00pm - 7:30pm
September 21st: 8:00am - 3:00pm
September 22nd: 8:00am - 11:30am
Students are able to go on any day. However, we have also signed up for specific shopping times. Mrs. Politis' class will go Thursday, Sept. 22nd from 8:30am until 9:00am and Mrs. Dickson's class will go on Thursday, Sept. 22nd from 9:00am until 9:30am.
If you can't make it to the Book Fair, you can order online. Books will be shipped for free to the school.
Online Book Fair Link:
A NOTE ABOUT FOLDERS & COMMUNICATION CARDS
RETURN TO SCHOOL: On this side, students will have weekly math homework, work in progress (Ex. Map activities for Social Studies), and forms that need to be returned to school (Letters from special area teachers, anything you need to sign, etc.) Your child may put his/her communication card on this side as well. Many keep it in the outside front pocket of the folder which is fine. Please review cards and sign nightly.
KEEP AT HOME: On this side, students will bring home morning work and completed work that we no longer need to keep at school. You may throw it away.
ON TUESDAYS: We send home flyers and forms from the school. There are usually several. Students put these on the RETURN TO SCHOOL side. Please look over the forms. You will need or chose to return some. Others are information you will want to keep at home and some you may not be interested in. Please empty out what you don't need.
Please go through your child's folder and help them keep in organized. Please note: The only homework is the Weekly Math Sheet and Reading 20 minutes. Incomplete papers are either work in progress or items your child didn't finish in class. If there is something that needs to be made up, you will get a note or email from your child's teacher.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
* Tuesday, Sept. 27th is a PTO SPIRIT NIGHT. Join us at Chick-Fil-A form 5:00pm until 8:00pm. Eat, see your friends and support RRES!
* Friday, Sept. 30th is the last day of the 1st nine weeks and it is an EARLY DISMISSAL DAY.
* Friday, Sept. 30th - Students with 25 signatures will get to go the Mid-Quarter PBIS Celebration!
* HOMEWORK - Students have homework Monday - Thursday. In math, they are given a sheet that Is due on Fridays. In reading, students need to read at least 20 minutes each night. Please record (or have your child do it) the title of the book(s) and amount of time read. Please initial.