September 30, 2020
Important Dates & Events
Tuesday, Sept. 29th - 1st 6 Weeks Report Cards go home with F2F learners (Available via Skyward for VI)
Thursday, Oct. 1st - Prize Patrol for Seniors during Govt and Eco classes
Thursday, Oct. 1st - Prize Patrol during Blazertime for 10th and 11th graders
Friday, Oct. 2nd - Honor Roll Breakfast in cafeteria during 2nd period (wait for announcement)
Friday, Oct. 2nd - Prize Patrol during Blazertime for 7th, 8th and 9th graders
Friday, Oct. 2nd - Regular lunch price for students who have not reapplied for the Free & Reduced Lunch Program this year
Thursday, Oct. 8th - Deadline for requesting Learning Format change (End of 3 Weeks)
Monday & Tuesday, Oct. 12th & 13th - Staff PD Days (No school for students)
Wednesday, Oct.14th - First day for students switching learning formats following approval
Wednesday, Oct. 14th - Progress Reports distributed
Tuesday, Oct. 20th - PSAT for 8th and 9th Graders
Thursday, Oct. 22nd - Senior Meeting for F2F (8:55 AM in Cafeteria; 1:13 PM via Zoom)
Thursday, Oct. 29th - Deadline for requesting Learning Format change (End of 2nd 6 Weeks)
Message from Mrs. Cain
I don't know about you, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the beautiful weather we are currently having! It is so nice to be outside during Megalunch and class changes.
1) I'm sending a big THANK YOU out to all of our F2F students for following COVID-19 protocols. You all are doing a super job. As a result of the efforts of our students and staff, Tegeler continues to be a safe environment in which to learn and experience school. Keep up the good effort; hopefully, we will get to move to level "A" soon. On level "A" more Megalunch activities will be allowed including more time outside and getting the footballs, volleyballs and soccer balls out. Chess Club and Student Council are slated to begin soon as well.
2) The Second 6 Weeks grading period started on Monday (9/29). Just like the weather that changed from too hot to really nice, you can change your grades from not so good to something you are proud of. If you were not pleased with the marks on your grade report, know that with additional effort you can better your grades. Communicate with your teachers to find out their tutorial times and if there is any thing you can do for Grade Repair. As always, work hard in your classes every day. Start now; don't wait.
Trailblazers, "Work hard; do your best; and have fun doing it." That has always been my personal motto. I shared that message daily with my son when he was growing up and now I want to pass it on to you. Know that you can do anything you set your mind to if you are willing to work for it. Believe in yourself and know that I believe in you too. You got this!
Stay safe and stay well,
Tegeler's Superintendent's Student Advisory Committee (SSAC) Representatives for 2020 - 2021
1st 6 Weeks Honor Roll
Process for changing learning formats
1) A parent or adult student must complete the request form before the grading period deadline (See deadlines at the top of the newsletter).
Link for request form: https://forms.gle/UUdtwLMhojw8qgt5A
2) Student's counselor will follow up with parent to confirm change and line up transportation if needed.
3) Student will start new learning format the following Monday, the first day of the next grading period.
Click on picture below to access F2F procedures
Click on Picture for the ABC Procedures for Returning Students
School Dress Code and School Supplies Information
No major changes to student dress code for the 2020—2021 school year for those opting for Face-to-Face learning.
When at school, students must provide their own masks/facial shields to be worn at all times on school buses and while on campus (except when eating).
* Masks/shields must not have writing on them (words or letters)
or anything viewed as lewd, offensive, vulgar or representing
tobacco/alcohol/drugs. School/district logos are okay.
All students participating in online video conferencing should be dressed appropriately at all times.
All Tegeler students, whether opting for Face-to-Face (F2F) or Virtual Instruction (VI), will need pens, pencils, notebook paper and spirals to take and keep notes in. Teachers will share any additional supply needs as part of their course outlines and expectations.