The Planet Saturn
What you might not know about Saturn
Distance, location and Diameter.
- The distance from the sun in km and miles is 1,429,400,000 km and 886,000,000 miles.
- Saturn's location from the sun is the 6th farthest planet.
- The diameter in km is 120,536.
- Saturn is the second biggest planet.
The period of rotation and the temperature in celsius and fahrenheit.
- There is about 10 hours and 14 mins in a day.
- The fahrenheit and celsius is f -217 c-139.
- It's very windy on Saturn.
Surface gravity , what the atmosphere is made up of and physical description.
- The surface gravity compared to Earth is 0.66 m/s2.
- The atmosphere is made of 75% hydrogen and 25% helium and traces of other substances like water ice and methane.
- Saturn has different shades of blue, purple, yellow and orange. And a very large black and yellow ring.
All of Saturn's moons and some of their names.
- Epimetheus, Janus, Enceladus, Telsto, Tethys, Calypso, Pallene, Methone, Mimas, Pandora, Pan, Prometheus, Atlas, Lapetus, Titan, Hyperion, Rhea, Polydeuces, Dione, Helene, Pheobe, Ljiraq, Kiviuq, Ymir, Suttung, Thrym, Mundilfari, Narvi, Tarvos, Siarmaq, Erriapus, Albiorix, Skathi, Paaliaq, Aegaeon, Aegir, Anthe, Bebhionn, Bergelmir, Bestla, Daphnis, Farbauti, Eenrir, Fornjot, Greip, Hati, Hyrrokkin, Jarnsaxa, Kari, Loge, Skadi, Skoll, Tarter and Tarqeq.
- It has 62 moons that are known and only 53 of them are officially named.
- Saturn has at least 18 moon satellites which are attracted by the planets gravity.
- Saturn is a gas giant.
- Earth can fit across Saturn 9 times across its equator .
- Saturn is the only planet that can float in water.
- You cannot stand on Saturn.