St. George Episcopal Lower School
We have come a long way!
- MONDAY - It's Sandra's birthday so we won't be having school today! Enjoy your holiday.
- TUESDAY - Class pictures and individual retakes - girls wear jumpers and boys wear slacks, Reddick's conferences, Team leader meeting at 7:30 a.m. in conf. room
- WEDNESDAY - Class pictures and individual retakes - girls wear jumpers and boys wear slacks, 1:00 Castle Hills Fire department for JK and SK, Belitzer's conferences, Happy Birthday, Rob!
- THURSDAY - Ident-a-Kid, Fisher's conferences
- FRIDAY - Spirit Day, Middle school dance @ 7 p.m., Happy Birthday, Jennifer!
October 19 - Bowen and Kee Coffees, Lunches in MS courtyard
October 20 - Meiske, Belitzer, Fisher, Reddick, Estringel Coffees, Lunches in MS courtyard
October 21 - Long, Lopez, Cabello, Flaig, Jones Coffees, Lunches in MS courtyard, Faculty Meeting @3:30 in St. John Room
October 22 - Bostian, Dickie, Harrison, Perry, Myers, Gerald Coffees, Lunches in MS courtyard
October 23 - Sirianni, Willis, Urbanowski Coffees, Lunches in MS courtyard
October 25 - Happy Birthday, Shannon!
October 26 - Red Ribbon Week "Sock It To Drugs" (crazy socks with normal uniforms)
October 27 - Red Ribbon Week "Be a 'Jeanius' and Say No To Drugs" (spirit shirt and denim pants or shorts - must not be short shorts)
October 28 - Red Ribbon Week "I'm Too Bright To Do Drugs" (neon or bright colored shirts with normal uniform bottoms), Happy Birthday, Kim and Edgar!
October 29 - Red Ribbon Week "Team Up Against Drugs" (team jerseys or t shirts with normal uniform bottoms)
October 30 - Halloween theme is "Wisdom, Courage, Faith" Parade at 9:10. Please be lined up at 9:05. We will go through art room first and come out Kinder room. I will lead parade around the courtyard to hardtop.
- All lunches during Book Fair week will be outside in the MS courtyard. Please remind students to talk quietly at their tables as the MS classes will be going on all around them.
- Ident-a-kid - Teachers, PLEASE HOLD all returned forms and envelopes until your class is called on October 15. Students who are getting photographed need to have their envelope/registration in their hands when they go to the photographer. Roberta will not be collecting these.
- Classroom teachers - If you are using a specific behavior management plan with individual students, please send the specialists a note detailing the plan. Students who need this extra help also need consistency and, if we are using the same plan across all courses, it will be much more effective.
- Lesson plans to me by Monday.
- Grades should be recorded within a week of giving the assignment.
- Please make sure you are posting your plans on RenWeb in a timely fashion. Also, please take a few minutes at the end of every day to assure that your homework in RenWeb is accurate for that day.
- Please make sure that you are always keeping your doors locked.
Some of the Great Things I Saw This Week:
- We had a Tech meeting on Wednesday and discussed using Google classroom and other applications in classrooms. We will be having these meetings every month on the first Wednesday and everyone is invited to come, learn, and share.
- Kinder teachers rolled with the punches when their field trip to Devine Acres was cancelled due to rain.
- Both carpools are going very smoothly now. It is great to see that teamwork in motion. It is no easy task getting 352 children in their cars or to after school care in 20 minutes!
- I have been putting a spider outside my door as a decoration and Lily has named him, "Speedy" for the kindergarteners. Here she is teaching spider locomotion!