AERO - Alternative Format Resources
Purpose of AERO:
AERO is a web-based digital repository operated by the Ministry of Education in partnership with the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
The mandate of AERO is to provide alternate format text to students with perceptual disabilities who attend publicly funded educational institutions in Ontario. AERO enables students with perceptual disabilities to access educational materials in a format they require and in a timely manner.
- Large Print
- Audio CD
Downloadable Formats Include:
- Kurzweil (KESI) Files
- E-Text (Word/RTF)
- DAISY Digital Audio
- Be sure to select your Institution Type (Elementary or Secondary)
- Select your school
- Your email address needs to be your board email
- Choose a password
- You will be emailed at work with confirmation of successful registration
- Enter data in student information fields and choose the student's main medium for alternative texts.
- Return to Request Item
- Browse the catalogue and search by either:
- Results can be filtered
Finalizing your Order
- In the new window that opens, click "Order Item"
- Select a student from the student list to associate with this title
- Below, fill in the dates you'll be wanting the resource
- Select the whole year, or the whole semester
- Choose whether this will be a physical book or a download - and Submit Order or Download Now - as appropriate
- If a Download, you'll get a Zipped Archive which can be saved, unzipped (or extracted) and used by the student
- Physical copies are sent by mail to the school
- Keep the envelopes or cases to facilitate return