Sharing a Spirit of Pathway Activities ....
Granite Hills High School
- Students toured the District Office and had the opportunity to meet various Department Directors and the Superintendent. It was an informational tour where they learned how every position contributes to help run a successful district.
Computer Operations and Development Education (CODE)
- Students toured the CSU Bakersfield campus departments based on chosen major. At the Bakersfield Condor game they received behind the scene access to learn from the organizations pros: in journalism; graphic design and computer coding.
- Early in 2019, DDC students will experience "College Journalism Day" at the Fresno City College Campus. They will learn from local area tv and broadcast professionals in workshops focusing on; interview skills and "backpack journalism" and other areas tied to media.
Academy of Law, Justice and Ethics (LJE)
- Interns work for Family Crisis Center for Christmas Tree Raffle Event.
- Interns work at Community Youth Summit
PUSD District Office Hosts ACE Juniors for Info Tour
Harmony Magnet Academy
- Students won first place and $900 in the State-wide Bright 101 Energy Conservation Competition! They researched electrical usage to save energy cost for PUSD!
Academy of Performing Arts (APA)
- Symphony performance was held on December 7th to celebrate the holidays and honor military with special recognition of Pearl Harbor. All contributions supporting the HMA Symphony Tour to Hawaii.
Monache High School
Academy of Hospitality (AH!)
- AH! Junior and Senior students toured the Save Mart Center, Grand 1401 and were part of an XCape Room Activity.
- 2 ESA Senior students are currently working with the City of Porterville to complete the Award-Winning Community Service Project of the Year honored by the Chamber of Commerce.
- The ESA Freshman presented their research on pollutant gasses as a panel of pros evaluated their presentations.
Manufacturing and Construction Technology Academy (MCTA)
- Students participate in SkillsUSA Leadership organization, recognized by the state of California.
- MCTA will be touring Smee Builders new construction homes - Hornsby Construction.
- Freshman class will be touring both College of the Sequoia Campuses in Tulare and Visalia.
Multimedia and Technology Academy (MTA)
- Students launch Toys for Tots to benefit the children in Porterville.
- Interns offered their support to Project Homeless Connect.
Porterville High School
- All of the AERO Seniors earned their OSHA 10 Certification. It is a certificate that is earned when work place safety training has been completed and it is an industry required certificate.
- Female AERO Students attended the Women in Trades Conference 2018 where they had the opportunity to meet local union representatives and women who hold careers in the skilled trades and energy sectors.
Porterville Academy of Business and Finance (PAB)
- Interns volunteered to help support the Sierra View Medical Center family carnival.
Porterville Academy of Health Sciences (PAHS)
- PAHS students led Pathway Friday tours and showcased their new lab with 8th graders.
Porterville Military Academy (PMA)
- Received approval for to launch an Aviation program through STEMPilot flight simulation program.
- Approved for two grants to support STEMPilot through Edwards Airforce Rocket Lab.
- Freshman class has just finished their Mock Promotion Boards as integrated performance task between their CTE course and English Class.
Strathmore High School
- Participated in Interview Training video shoot. This work will support junior interview prep for all Pathway students.
K - 8 Spark Into Pathways
- Project Lead the Way (PLTW) Director of School Engagement visited PUSD Elementary STEAM labs and observed hands-on project work.
- Six Elementary Sites met criteria to receive PLTW Distinguished Status.
Pathways Ambassador Report
Multimedia and Technology Academy (MTA)
Written By MTA Student Ambassador
Ramona Gamboa, Junior at MHS
Industrial Light & Magic in San Francisco
The Multimedia and Technology Academy have amazing opportunities that influence and encourage their students with the endless possibilities in this career field.
On November 9th, 2018, students of MTA were given the opportunity to travel to San Francisco and visit Industrial Light & Magic. It’s an American motion picture visual effects company that go hand in hand with Lucas films and The Walt Disney Company.
This field trip revealed to students hard work and passion in visual effects in motion picture movies. Such as Star Wars, Marvel, and Disney movies. It was an amazing trip encouraging students with the passion in Visual Effects.
Los Angeles Film School & LACMA
On November 15, 2018, the junior class of MTA had the opportunity to travel to Los Angeles and visit Los Angeles Film School and Recording school, as well as Los Angeles County Museum of Art. It was an amazing experience for students in this pathway to view a college offering an associate and bachelor's degrees in majors relating to the entertainment industry. Also, LACMA was a great winding down time to get to experience something out of our career outlook. We enjoyed the time spent with the whole MTA family and learning about how our career can be achieved with schools close to home.
Industrial Light & Magic-San Francisco
MTA students in front of the Yoda Fountain, which is located just outside the building of Industrial Light & Magic.
LA County Museum of Art
In this picture we have the whole MTA family in front of Chris Burden's “Urban Light” Located at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
Los Angeles Film School
This picture was taken inside of the Los Angeles Film School. The MTA family was divided within the school, and here we have my group “Team Lightning” along with one of MTA’s English teachers Mrs.Toriz