Keeping up with Keller
By: Marcie Dryden, Principal
April 20, 2015
Our Keller Daily News Broadcast highlights school achievement and IB news!
- April 21st: Sciencepalooza Hands-On Assembly
- April 21st: PTA Grounds Clean-Up 3:45-5:00 p.m.
- April 22nd: Late Start for students, Professional Development for staff
- April 22nd: Administrative Assistant's Day
- April 23rd: State of the Schools Address 7:00 p.m. @ Board Office
- April 24th: April Birthday Celebration
- April 29th: Late Start for students, Professional Development for staff
- April 30th: Used Book Sale
Michigan Green Schools Update
After a thorough review and evaluation, Helen Keller has earned the designation of Evergreen for the 2014-15 school year. Congratulations -- this is top honor!!! Thank you, Jen Flora, for submitting the application and making sure we secured our Evergreen status again.
Road Safety Survey
The City of Royal Oak Engineering Division wants to learn our thoughts about children walking and biking to school. They have put together a survey that will take about 5 to 10 minutes of your time. The information will be used as part of an application for Safe Routes to School funding.
To take the survey, go to: www.surveymonkey.com/r/saferoadssurvey
Because of grant submission timelines, surveys need to be completed by the end of this week. Thank you for your cooperation.
Boys and Girls Club Walk 2015
The 2015 Buffalo Wild Wings & Bagger Dave's Walk For The Future presented by Image One supporting the Boys & Girls Clubs of Oakland & Macomb Counties will be held on Saturday, May 16, 2015 at 9 AM at the Jack & Patti Salter Community Center in Royal Oak. If you are interested in joining the Keller Team or donating to our walk, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learning in Action
PTA Elections 2015-16
The PTA is looking for members to fill the following open position on the executive board for the 2015-16 school year:
- President - Presides at all meetings, is a member ex officio of all committees, coordinates the work of the officers and committees and attends meetings called by the Council.
Please contact Michelle Vinluan (email@example.com) with any questions or interest in any of the above positions.
*We are respectful
*We are safe and in control
*We are responsible learners
I will act in such a way that I will be proud of myself and others will be proud of me too.
I came to school to learn and I will learn.
I will have a good day.
Learner Profile Highlights
Don’t forget that the highlighted monthly learner profile and weekly behavior focus is on the Google calendar (every Sunday).