Increasing Student Achievement One Student at a Time
What is it?
This professional learning series is derived from and supports the Formative Assessment for Michigan Educators (FAME) project which is 11 years in the making.
It is designed to train K-12 teachers on how to embed, or as we like to say, install, a researched-based and proven formative-assessment process into their daily practice.
During this four-day series, teachers will build capacity and a clear understanding of what it means to transform instruction to achieve increased student performance.
What will teachers learn?
How to develop and install the formative assessment process in their daily practice.
The components of a formative-assessment process which include:
- learning targets and determining criteria for success
- aligned planning for student-focused learning
- effective use of student evidence
- application of formative-assessment strategies
- selection and use of appropriate formative-assessment tools
- effective feedback
- questioning that fosters metacognition