Challenging Minds, Inspiring Hearts
- Tomorrow is EARLY RELEASE at NOON! All those attending Extended Day will need to bring a lunch!
- The Dress Code grace period is ending October 9th when we return to school (remember no school October 8th!). There are still many scholars out of dress code. Please look for dress code violations and refer to the handbook online.
- September 28th: PTL-Out of Uniform Dress Pass. Scholars who have purchased the Out of Uniform pass may have free dress. Parents can purchase a full pass which includes 5 out of uniform days throughout the school year for $20.00 or you can purchase a one time pass for $5.00. Passes can be purchased at the front office.
- Please make sure that the office has your current email address and phone number on file. If you are unsure or have not been receiving communication from our office, please call or stop by the office to verify the email/phone number on file.
- Hamburger Thursdays have begun. If you would like to purchase a hamburger meal, please contact the front office. One meal is $4.25 or you can purchase a card of 10 for $40.00. If you purchased a hamburger meal card, your scholar's teacher will hold the cards and punch the cards for each meal eaten. Your scholar's teacher will notify you once your scholar has punched 8 burgers so that you have time to purchase a new card. We do allow siblings to split cards as needed. Please make arrangements in the front office. The deadline for weekly orders are Tuesday's of each week. We will not take orders past Tuesday of each week in order to provide the cook staff an accurate count.
- If you would like to donate to our FALCON STORE, Mrs. Lopez has setup an online AMAZON WISHLIST. Please follow the link here to make purchases to donate http://a.co/4MqtAfg. We are also taking any and all donations. Items such as balls, trinkets, stickers, puzzles, kids jewelry, and SEASONAL items are what we are looking for! Any and all donations are welcomed and appreciated.
Parent Teacher Conference
Extended Day Update
As a reminder to all who attend EDP daily, the EDP closes at 5:30 p.m. Please make arrangements to pick up your scholar no later than 5:30 p.m. Please note per our student handbook, every minute past 5:30 p.m. your account will be charged $1.00 per minute/per scholar.
Our Lady Falcons traveled far and captured their first set victory of the season against Queen of Peace-Richwood. Unfortunately, the Lady Falcons lost the third set and match, 2 games to 1. However, the Lady Falcons look poised to return to the court in search for their first win. Come out and support our team!
Practices for VARSITY only start this Thursday from 3:30-5:30. Varsity please look for upcoming news and events in your folders. ALL squads (JV and Varsity) will participate in the Texas City Homecoming Parade on October 17th. There will be a cheer mini-camp before that date to get all our cheerleaders ready to represent OLOF. Details to come.
Basketball starts up soon and Coach Lopez is wanting to let our athletes know that if you're interested in playing boys' basketball, this train is about to set course so get signed up, paid up, and checked up so you can play.
We also need more volunteers! We are still needing:
· a boy’s assistant coach
· a girl’s head coach
· a girl’s assistant coach
· help with concessions and setting up
Please contact Coach Lopez ASAP if you can help! If you are already coming to support your athlete, please think about volunteering.
Parent Teacher League (PTL)
Please join us for our upcoming PTL Meeting Tuesday, October 2nd @ 6:00 p.m.
The meeting will be held in the Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School Teachers Lounge
These meetings are open to any Parent/ Guardian or Grandparent that wish to participate. We will be discussing upcoming events, fundraisers & special activities and would love your input!
Why come to a PTL Meeting?
- Connect with other parents
- Be the first to hear about upcoming school events & news
- Volunteer your time- Help plan and coordinate school events
**PTL Meetings are held the first Tuesday of each month at the same time and location**
Questions please call Lisa Molina (409)939-8690 or Travis Croom (832)398-0788
Falcon Shout Out's
Every week we choose several scholars who exhibit Falcon Excellence on campus and give them a FALCON SHOUT OUT!
- Shout Out to Aryannah Godbe for always participating in class and excited for the days work and learning.
- Shout Out Sabrina Mabanza for really having a positive attitude this week and really blooming in the classroom.
- Shout Out Cynthia Sanchez for always be Kind and loving to all.
- Shout Out to the 8th Grade Girls who have really been trying in class and using their growth mindset.
- Shout Out to Volleyball for continuing to work hard and grow each week.
- Shout out to Mr. Guerra-Ava Guerra's dad for spraying the front of the school for mosquito on Friday and again on Sunday. Great help, thank you.
Booth Volunteers Needed!
Our Lady of Fatima parents and staff are responsible for EIGHT booths this year. We are very proud to take on this challenge and support our parish who supports our beautiful school so much. We are asking that each parent/grandparent or guardian volunteer at least one hour per scholar enrolled. A friendly reminder that per the business agreement each family signed, each family is responsible for 10 volunteer hours per year per scholar and 20 hours per year per scholar for those on tuition assistance. Middle school students (5-8) are asked to participate in community service hours and help with the Fall Bazaar this year too. Each grade level will be partnered with another grade level to manage the OLOF game booths. Each booth has two parents/staff leads who will be managing each booth.
The breakdown of the booths are as follows:
Pre-K 3: Stand It
Pre-K 4: Plinko
Kinder-1st: Connect 3 Basketball Game
4th-5th: Soda Toss
6th, 7th & 8th: Hungry Human Game
OLOF Staff: Inflatables
OLOF Cheerleaders and Athletics: Steps for Students
Please sign up for a shift through the sign up genius. Please refer to the breakdown above as to the booth name you are required to work for your scholars grade level. If you are having trouble with the sign up genius tool, please notify your scholars teacher or the front office and we will manually enter your requested time slot to volunteer. The sign up genius tool covers all volunteer slots for the whole bazaar so please pay close attention when you are signing up.
2 Liter Donations
We are asking that each student bring two-2 liter sodas for the soda toss. Please bring those sodas to the front office by 10/2/18.
Raffle Ticket UpdateOur scholars have sold a total of 146 books. Our current top sellers are Brayden Olivares, Kolton Ottnat, and Hudson Vasquez. All of our scholars have received one book of raffle tickets. Scholars are required to sell at minimum two books. We have more available in the front office. If you would like more raffle tickets please notify the front office or your scholars teacher and we will send more home. Please send money and ticket stubs to school with your scholar or visit us at the front office. Please make all checks for raffle tickets payable to St. Mary of the Miraculous Medal Church.
We will have prizes for top sellers!
- Overall Top Seller-A Grand Prize Award TBA
- Overall Top Seller Pre-K-3rd-Gift Card
- Overall Top Seller 4th-8th- Gift Card
- All scholars who sell two books of tickets will receive a ticket to a special movie event on campus.
Mrs. Lopez has set the school goal at 500 books of tickets sold. If we reach 500 books of tickets sold Mrs. Lopez will award the school with a special prize! We can do it Falcons!
Tickets are due in the office no later than Tuesday, 10/2/18 to qualify for prizes.
What a blessing to spend each day with these amazing scholars. I love coming to work each morning, looking at their faces as they start their day. I heard one PreK scholar this week call this her church school. I love that! What a blessing to get to come to church school everyday and be with Jesus and other scholars.
Please note, we are working harder to keep our campus safe and secure. We will be implementing a new check in system soon, so please be mindful of the visiting regulations when on campus. We want to make sure everyone on campus--visitors and scholars and staff--are safe, secure, and accounted for.
Fall Bazaar is quickly approaching, and we need your support! Please sell, sell, and sell those books. If you need anything please let us know.
Thank you again for the support you give Fatima and me. Now more than ever we all need to rally around each other, support our Faith, and each other. You are each a blessing.
Love, Mrs. Lopez