Parent Groups & Events
come learn and collaborate alongside fellow parents
Behavior Management Parenting Group
Wednesday, Nov. 18th, 6:30pm
Interested in learning tools and strategies to help you with your child’s impulse control, behavior regulation and/or attention skills? Join us for free parenting classes.
When: 6:30-7:30 pm Wednesday evenings during November and December
Where: via Zoom
Meeting ID: 912 0842 5682
Classes led by UO Child and Family Center graduate students, using research-based, tested effective parent-led strategies for kids who have impulse and attention challenges (https://psi.uoregon.edu/child-and-family-center)
Timely Topics from your elementary counselors
Tuesday, Dec. 8th, 6pm
The events include a presentation on a particular topic, followed by time for Q&A, discussion, collaboration, and problem-solving.
Upcoming Timely Topics:
- Tuesday, Dec. 8: Understanding Stress and supporting emotional regulation
Join meetings through this zoom link: Timely Topics Parent Nights
Meeting ID: 914 4889 6490
LGBTQ Youth Suicide Awareness
We will explore the topic of increasing LGBTQ youth suicide awareness from the family perspective. We will navigate together where families can find expert information, be aware of risk factors, increase communication around suicide, as well as identify holistic ways we can address youth suicide based on all 10 family life domain areas. Families who identify as part of the LGBTQ community, as well as families who do not, are welcome to attend.
Kids in Transition to Schools (KITS) . . . At Home
- Supporting learning at home
- Strategies to help children follow directions
- Developing children's social-emotional skills for school success
- Parent self-care and support
- join a small group of parents and a KITS facilitator to meet online for one hour, once per week. Groups last 8 weeks
- An optional second meeting each week will focus on how to build your child's Social Emotional Skills
- Attendance at every session is NOT mandatory, come when you can.
- Enrollment is rolling. New groups begin as interest shown.
- Families receive a $20 meal stipend each week then attend. At the end of the 8 weeks, there is a $100 gift card raffle.
For more information or to sign up, see their website: https://www.kidsintransitiontoschool.org/kits-at-home-in-summer-2020/
Triple P~ Positive Parenting Program
Triple P ~ Online is an online course designed for parents of children ages 2-12. They don't tell you how to parent; it gives you strategies to adapt to your unique situation. Information is delivered in video format with activities that customize the program to your family. Parents with OHP participate free, financial assistance available for those not on OHP.
Triple P focuses on:
- creating a safe, interesting environment
- having a positive learning environment
- using assertive discipline
- having realistic expectations
- taking care of yourself as a parent
See their website for further information: https://www.lanekids.org/triplep/
Family Check Up~
Family Check Up
- increases parenting skills
- encourages positive behaviors and sets limits
- improves how you work with your child's emotions
- sets parenting goals
And you can earn $$$ in gift cards by attending sessions and spending time with your child at home. See the flyer and Lane County Youth's website for more information.
KEEP program for foster and kinship parents
KEEP promotes the idea that foster and kinship parents can serve as key agents of change for children by strengthening their confidence and skills so they can change their child’s behaviors, teaching effective parent management strategies, and providing them with support.
Keep groups are designed to be flexible and fun, include 16-weeks of 90-minute sessions, get paid $25 weekly for attending, and receive up to 24 training hours.
See their website for more information: https://www.oregoncommunityprograms.org/services/keep-group/
For More Information
- Adams Elementary: Sara Matteri (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Camas Ridge Community School: Jaime Hock (email@example.com)
- Charlemagne French Immersion: Gabe Mickola (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Edgewood Community School: Rebecca Ledbetter (email@example.com)
- Edison Elementary School: Claire Verner (firstname.lastname@example.org)