April 7, 2023
Congratulations to LES Recognized Staff!
Each year, our staff nominates and votes to recognize their colleagues who went above and beyond. We are so proud of all of our staff, the positive relationships they build with our students, and their commitment to ensuring high levels of learning for every student every day. This year, we are excited to announce our campus winners below:
Teacher of the Year - Mrs. Lawson, 3rd Grade Teacher
Her colleagues wrote:
- Pam truly loves and cares for all her students. You can tell she loves being a teacher. She goes out of her way to help any student or staff member, always has a positive attitude, is a hard worker, and stays late often to make sure everything is taken care of. Pam puts in an incredible amount of work to ensure her class is getting the very best every day.
- Pam always has a smile and a kind word!
- Pam is driven to help students learn and her colleagues succeed. She is a true team player, who’s loyal and kind, yet firm and structured. She goes the extra mile, in relentless pursuit of the highest goals that can be set.
- Pam is an amazing teacher and person. She has many qualities that make her an amazing teacher. She is kind, compassionate, hardworking, patient, creative, and fun. She has one of the biggest hearts. She sets the example for all students and her coworkers. She is always willing to help another teacher out and goes above and beyond always. Her character speaks for itself because she is a light to all. You can see that she loves her job because of her actions daily.
Spirit of Montgomery - Lauren Wilson, CARES Paraprofessional
Her colleagues wrote:
- Lauren Wilson should represent Lincoln as our Spirit of Montgomery because wherever she goes, she spreads joy to others. When she is in the hallways, she is always smiling, talking our students about their day, and helping whoever needs help.
- I am grateful to have Mrs. Wilson as part of our Lincoln family. Mrs. Wilson spreads joy wherever she goes! No matter how Mrs. Wilson's day goes, she covers the hallway and her students with positive affirmations and smiles.
- You can't help but to love Lauren from the moment you meet her!! She is a RAY of sunshine!! I don't think I've ever seen Lauren without a big smile on her face and a positive word to say. She is so uplifting and spreads joy around our school. Watching her interact with our CARES Bears is heartwarming. She is tender, and gentle, and kind. She loves her kids and works hard to help meet their needs. Lauren is the definition of the spirit of our school!! Always willing to lend a hand, and ready to make someone's day better. She is a true joy and I'm happy to get to work with her!
- Lauren came to our school this year and immediately fit into the Lincoln family. She not only completes her assigned task, but also goes above and beyond for each child (whether she knows them personally or not) to make sure they have an amazing day at Lincoln. I am so proud to work beside her each day. Her sunshine and grace is contagious!
Newcomer of the Year - Mrs. Grey, 5th Grade Teacher
Her colleagues wrote:
- Lauren Grey is a ball of energy! She comes up with fun ways to engage the students all the time. The students love her. She has been a great asset to Lincoln. When you can motivate fifth graders to carry around notebooks so they can write poetry at lunch…that says it all!
- Lauren has done an amazing job working with the students and building relationships with students and staff. She always has a smile and her go with the flow personality is calming. She is an amazing addition to Lincoln!
- Lauren is an AMAZING teacher. Her students love and respect her. As a parent of a student in her class, I have seen my child grow and blossom personally and academically with her this year more than he ever has.
Do you have any Pre-K through 5th graders that you plan on enrolling at Lincoln for the 23-24 school year that are not currently enrolled? Do you know anyone who does? Next week through May 12, we will have our early enrollment period. We highly encourage families to use this opportunity to get their children enrolled for the upcoming school year. This allows them to receive communications over the summer and gives us a better idea of how to plan for the school year in regards to staffing.
For your convenience, the enrollment process is able to be completed online. Take note of all documents that are required and will need to be uploaded to complete your enrollment. Contact our registrar, Erica Nalbach, if you have questions after you complete the enrollment process.
You can find written and video instructions for enrollment on the MISD website here: https://rb.gy/4xk3l
Principal's Safety Notes
MISD Education Foundation Flamingos - Let's Keep it Going!
Lincoln families….we’ve been Flamingoed by our Montgomery ISD Education Foundation!
We need your help:
1. Watch our campus grant video to learn what our school is raising money for. Like and share our video on social media to raise awareness, don't forget to use #yougotflamingoed! Watch our Lincoln video here: https://youtu.be/3l9mWsAzK6Q
2. We've already sold all of our flamingos for yards. However, you can still purchase foundation flamingo insurance to help your campus raise the most funds. Flamingo insurance is the best way for everyone at your campus to get involved!
4. Have fun with this FUNdraiser! The two campuses that raise the most money will be awarded their campus grant the night of the Spring Soiree!
Let’s go Lincoln!
Art Night RSVP
Art Night will be hosted Thursday, April 27th from 5:00-6:30pm. There will be activities, treats, and student art! Please let us know if this is something you would like to attend so we can get an estimate of how many people to expect. Thank you! Click here to RSVP.
Campus Parent Culture and Climate Survey
At LES, we strive for a culture of respect and inclusiveness promoting a collaborative approach to each child’s education. In order for us to be reflective and to continue to improve, we would love to have your feedback.
Please complete this survey: Parent Culture and Climate Survey
***The grade level with the highest percentage of parent participation will win extra recess.****
Parent Involvement Opportunities
One of our campus goals is to build more parent involvement on our campus. As parents, you know your child best. We want to partner with you to consistently make our school better. Below are several opportunities where you can be involved or provide feedback.
- Art Night - Art Night is coming up on April 27th rom 5:00-6:30 pm. There will be treats, ceramic plates, Take & Make art kits, and a huge student showcase. Join us!
- WatchDOGS - Click this link for more information, the program presentation from the district, the background form, and the registration form.
- Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) - Our PTO is an organization of parents that works to support our students and staff in a variety of ways. They recently purchased some toys and games that students can play with the weather inhibits their ability to play outside. They also bring in special programs and activities for our students and find ways to show appreciation to our staff. We encourage all families to join. For more information, you can contact our PTO at email@example.com. You can also find them on Facebook (@myLESPTO).
- Parent Feedback Form - Any time you want to share your thoughts, you can email, call, or make an appointment to visit. Another way you can provide input is to simply complete our parent feedback form at any time. Your responses are anonymous unless you choose to include your name and/or contact information.
This Week at Lincoln
Each week, we want to provide you with an overview of our Lincoln statistics and where we are as a campus. We will share information about enrollment, student behaviors, and attendance. Additionally, as we have celebrations to share regarding our students' academic successes, we'll list them here too.
Current enrollment: 460
**Welcome new student, Jaxon C.!**
Attendance (Goal 95%)
Average Daily Attendance Rate August-March: 94.0%
Average Daily Attendance Rate for the Week of:
- 4/3-4/6: 91.8%
Classes with the Highest Attendance Rate (Over 95%) for the Week of 4/3-4/6:
- Mrs. Thorp - 100% (PERFECT ATTENDANCE!)
- Mrs. Shaver - 95.6%
- Mrs. White - 95.3%
Staff Shout Outs
You can also submit names straight to the district. Visit Montgomery ISD's Let's Talk tab on the district website https://bit.ly/3xad64c and use the "Share a Positive Story/MISD Shout Out" topic to share something great this educator has done to demonstrate a culture of respect.
Thursday, April 13:
- Kindergarten & Spring Pictures
- 1st Grade Program 6:00
Friday, April 14:
- Wear Your Spirit Wear
- Week of 4/17: Volunteer Appreciation Week
- 4/18: 5th Grade Reading STAAR, Closed Campus to Visitors (Make-Ups 4/19-4/28)
- 4/19: 4th Grade Reading STAAR, Closed Campus to Visitors (Make-Ups 4/20-4/28)
- 4/20: 3rd Grade Reading STAAR, Closed Campus to Visitors (Make-Ups 4/21-4/28)
4/21: MISDEF Spring Soiree
4/25: 5th Grade Science STAAR, Closed Campus to Visitors (Make-Ups 4/19-4/28)
4/25: Progress Reports Released in Skyward
- 4/26: 2nd/3rd GT Field Trip
- 4/27: Art Night - It's going to be great! Make plans to attend!
- 4/28: PTO Glow Party
- 5/1: School Principals' Day
- 5/2: 5th Grade Math STAAR, Closed Campus to Visitors (Make-Ups 5/3-5/12)
- 5/3: 4th Grade Math STAAR, Closed Campus to Visitors (Make-Ups 5/4-5/12)
- 5/4: 3rd Grade Math STAAR, Closed Campus to Visitors (Make-Ups 5/5-5/12)
- 5/4: 4th Grade GT Field Trip
- 5/5: PTO Meeting 9:00
- Week of 5/8: Teacher Appreciation Week
- 5/10: National School Nurses' Day
- 5/11: 4th Grade Field Trip
- 5/12: Lincoln's 5-Year Celebration
Lunch visitors who are on a child's emergency contact list are welcome to eat with that child on the stage during the student's lunch period. Visitors will need to check in at the front office with their ID and get a visitor badge. Please do not invite other students to join you or provide food or snacks for other students. When lunch is over, all students will line up with their class. Visitors will return to the front office to turn in their visitor badge.
A friendly reminder, we do not have an open lunch policy so please do not order food for your child from outside vendors to be delivered to the school during the school day (i.e. Uber Eats, Grub Hub, Door Dash, or any kind of delivery service). This becomes a safety concern when staff need to leave the front office to deliver food to students or take their focus off of families who have business in the office. Food deliveries also increase the number of unfamiliar people entering the building. Additionally, our lunch times are very tight and do not allow for late deliveries. We cannot allow for learning to be disrupted by early or late food deliveries. Thank you for understanding our focus on safety and uninterrupted instructional time.
- Pre-K - 10:40-11:10
- Kindergarten - 11:15-11:45
- 1st Grade - 10:45-11:15
- 2nd Grade - 12:15-12:45
- 3rd Grade - 11:35-12:05
- 4th Grade - 11:55-12:25
- 5th Grade - 12:35-1:05
School Hours, Attendance and Tardies
- Doors open at 7:50
- Tardy bell rings, and class begins at 8:15. (This is the time students are expected to be in their seats in the classroom.)
- School day ends at 3:40
We are working hard to maximize each and every minute our students are here. Students who arrive after 8:15 are considered tardy and will need to be walked into the front door of the building and signed in by a parent or guardian. If your child needs to leave early, they may be checked out through the front office by a parent or guardian.
Changes in transportation need to be made prior to 2:00 in order to allow time for the messages to be communicated with the appropriate staff member. To request a change of transportation, either
- Send a note with your child,
- Email LincolnElementaryTransit@misd.org with the note and a copy of your driver's license, or
- Come to the school with a copy of your driver's license.
Location: 700 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Montgomery, TX, USA
Phone: (936) 276-4700