Thursday, August 18, 2022
Hello Westminster Families
Dates to Remember:)
Monday, 8/29; Welcome Back Open House 5:30-6:30
Wednesday, 8/31; First Day of School
Monday, 9/5; No School; Labor Day
Wednesday, 9/14; Half Day; 11:45 Dismissal
- Classrooms will be open between 5:30-6:30.
- After you have seen your child's classroom, join us on the playground for ice cream and lemonade
Arrival and Dismissal
- Students can arrive as early as 7:45
- Drop off is on the gym side of the building
- Bus arrival is on the flagpole side of the building
- All students will go to the playground from 7:45- 8:00
- Our school day begins at 8:00
- Our dismissal begins at 3:10
- Families can drive through the gym side parking lot.
- Your child will be radioed and dismissed as you arrive.
- Buses will dismiss at 3:15
First Week for Kindergarteners:)
- 8/31, 9/1, and 9/2 are half days for kindergarteners.
- Kindergarteners will dismiss at 11:45
- Breakfast and lunch are available during these half days.
- Teachers will be assigned and families will be notified by the afternoon of Friday, September 2nd.
After School Program News
Beginning the week of September 12th, our After School program will run daily from 3:10-5:00 for students in grades 1-6. Kindergarten students are welcome to join our programming in January. All registration paperwork will be available electronically in the first weeks of school.
2022 Return to School COVID-19 Information
A word from our new School Counselor, Claire Wesphal:
Dear Parents and Guardians,
I hope this email finds you well and you have enjoyed your summer. My name is Claire Westphal and it is a privilege and honor to have been chosen to be the School Counselor for Westminster Center School. I am excited to join the Viking family!
Westminster Center School is the heart of the Westminster community. It is my hope to be an integral part of holding true to our core values of community, connection, and inclusion; with a focus on meeting the unique needs of each and every student through a comprehensive school counseling program. Our comprehensive school counseling program will be delivered through individual, group, and classroom guidance lessons.
In addition to my roles and responsibilities within the school building, I will work closely with other district personnel and community partners to ensure a wrap around approach to student and family needs.
I am very excited for the 2022-2023 school year. Please feel free to contact me via email at email@example.com or by calling the school at 802-722-3241 with questions or concerns, as I want to do all that we can to help your student have a wonderful experience at Westminster Center School.