August 12, 2016
NEED 2 KNOW
The Vanguard Voice
2016-2017 will be the year of the Vanguardian! That's ALL of you! We are looking to increase opportunities for growth, leadership, and the sharing of your voice! Hopefully you'll notice a trend throughout our communication and events. We want you to help us make FCS Vanguard the most collaborative, inspiring, and productive group of educators in the county! Find ways to step outside of your comfort zone and challenge yourself as we continue our journey with personalized learning and coaching support!
Vanguard School Leads
This year we will have a Vanguard school lead in every building. The lead will be responsible for the following items:
- Arrange and lead a monthly meeting/touch base for your Vanguard team. (This can be face-to-face or virtual and doesn't need to be long.)
- Gather suggestions, comments, and concerns from the school team and share them with either the Learning Community Lead or Heather.
- Remind team members of important dates
- Ensure that team members have completed required Vanguard tasks
How will these leads be decided? BY YOU!
Before the Vanguard kick-off (August 27th), meet and determine (as a team) who will serve in this role and email Heather with the name!
Saturday, Aug. 27th, 9am-12pm
2800 Burdett Road
We are so excited to begin our new year with a new team! I know it's a Saturday, but we're hoping you'll come on down to get prepped for everything Vanguard in 2016-2017!
WE NEED YOU!
Twitter Chat Gurus
Do you participate in Twitter chats all the time? Do you have lots of tips and tricks for the best way to go through a chat? Then Vanguard is looking for you!
We have a fun, unique PD opportunity and we're looking for folks like you to help make it a reality. Contact Heather for more info: email@example.com.
Bear Creek - School Spotlight
Our amazing friends at Bear Creek allowed me to come out last year and film some school spotlight videos. After a significant wait, here are two of those videos to show just a fraction of the incredible work being done at this Microsoft Showcase school!
View more videos on our website or on Safari Montage!
Sign-Up for Roving Reporter!
- The sign up will be available on every VanWeekly!
- The interview/filming will always be done on a Tuesday, unless special arrangements are made.
- Time slots are 45 minutes, but it will not always take that long.
Have specific questions? Let me know!
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY
Ignite Your Passion for Innovation with GPB & Discovery Education
GPB and Discovery Education cordially invite you to Ignite Your Passion for Innovation, a powerful evening of networking and concise, energizing presentations. Join us for engaging conversation around innovation, the opportunity to connect with fellow Georgia educators, and a whole lot of inspirational fun! Bring your curiosity and ideas around innovation… and a friend!
6:30 - 8:30 PM
240 NW 14th Street, Atlanta GA
This a free event. Snacks and beverages will be provided.
Vanguard member and SLC Lead, Christian Padgett, will be one of the speakers!
FROM LAST WEEK'S ISSUE: DON'T FORGET
IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE:
1. ROSTER: I have emailed everyone that I do not have on the roster.
2. IPAD INFORMATION: Please enter all of the required information about your Vanguard iPad. (If you do not yet have your iPad, you can not enter your information. If you have an iPad that is being replaced in the near future, enter your current information.)
3. YEARBOOK: After your roster information is complete, add your basic info to our yearbook!
4. TEAM ACCOLADES: Receive an award, honor, or EdTech recognition? Add your information so we can recognize you on our website! (We're starting fresh, so if you've done this before, please add your info to this form.)
Visit bit.ly/vanguard1617 to add your name and information to our roster!
fcsvanguard.org/yearbook is the place to add your quick facts and beautiful selfie!
Visit bit.ly/vanguardipad to provide all of the information needed about your iPad.
As part of our "work" with iTeach, we were asked to write a blog about why we love what we do. FCS Vanguard is a big part of that for me. Here's my post. :)