To know God and to make Him known
- Tin Whistles - Fine Arts will transition from basic drawing to tin whistles on Oct 15, week 7. Make sure you have a tin whistle in the key of D for each enrolled student. Use a permanent marker, paint pen, masking tape or small colored rubber bands to label your child's Tin Whistle.
- Scholastic Order code: HRBJ3 - books will give the preschool credit and be delivered to the church for pick up on community day.
- I will be out October 15th and am looking for a temporary substitute director. The position is paid and requires no prep before hand. I will have a short list of "To Dos" (i.e. setting up the tables with crayfish, setting up the blockage for lunch, doing a walk through of the bathrooms before we leave, resetting A/C units before we leave, etc." Please contact me and we can visit about what is required!
Tutor & Teacher Talk
- Tin Whistle: Have no fear, your guide is here! Your Foundations guide that is! It is full of music theory and the basic grammar of reading music and learning to play some basic songs on the Tin Whistle. Let your tutor introduce it at community and dig deeper at home that week. You can Google "Tin Whistle music" and find a variety of other songs if you have a child who is very engaged and ready to learn to play!
- May I recommend on those days when you think "I could never tutor because..." or "I could never direct because..." or "I could never be like so and so because..." a book I will be reading soon myself called Teaching from Rest: A Home Schoolers Guide to Unshakable Peace by Sarah Mackenzie.
Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17
Weekly Digging Deeper @ Home
Pick one area each week and work at home during presentation practice on that one item. Standing still and eye contact are big! It may take 5-7 weeks to get those down, no worries, keep practicing with intention and it will come.
Helpful Hints All Year Long
Your tutor might have mentioned "blob mapping" or might mention it in coming weeks. Here is a quick blog about what that means. We spend about 5-10 minutes a day outside of CC "drawing maps." This year my girls and I will start with Blob Mapping.
So you have a CC Connected membership but now what? A fellow CC mom has created this blog that takes you step by step with pictures through how to download songs and files to be used at home. Contact me with additional questions.