Austin High School
Black Bear News -- August 14, 2022
We had a great 1st week of school last week. I would like to thank everyone who came out and supported "Meet the Black Bears" on Friday night, it was a huge success. We have an exciting week ahead with the opening games for our Volleyball and Football teams. We are also excited about our 1st Pep Rally of the season. Our Band, Cheerleaders and Dance Teams have been working hard to bring the energy and school spirit!!
Reminder: School meals are NOT free this year, so households need to fill out a Free/Reduced Form. I have included the online application in this newsletter and hard copies are available in the main office and cafeteria.
As always if you have question or a concern please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. #PositivityMatters
Have a great day!
After opening the link, you will need to click on "Apply for Meals Today"
DCS Cell Phone Discipline Guidelines
Cell phone/devices must be off and out of sight during class times.
Cell phone/devices may be used during transition time and in the cafeteria during lunch.
1st Offense - One day of detention - Parent Notified
2nd Offense - One day of ISS – Parent Notified
3rd Offense - Three days of ISS - Parent Notified
4th Offense - Three days of CAS – Parent Notified
Military Service Academy Event
- Congressman Brooks will join representatives from the U.S. service academies in hosting this event for high school students interested in a service academy appointment and learning about the congressional nomination process.
- Representatives from the U.S. Air Force Academy, U.S. Coast Guard Academy, U.S. Merchant Marine Academy, U.S. Military Academy, and U.S. Naval Academy will be available to answer questions and share information about their institutions.
Additionally, representatives from Marion Military Institute and local ROTC programs will be available.
This is an excellent opportunity for students, parents, and school officials to learn about the service academies and the fine education and careers they offer.
Please email email@example.com to RSVP.
When: Thursday, September 8, 2022
Time: 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
Where: Whitesburg Baptist South Campus, 7300 Whitesburg Drive, Huntsville, AL 35802.
Scholars Bowl Information
FCCLA Membership is Now Available
Students, are you interested in giving back to your community or leading others? If you answered yes, you should consider joining FCCLA.
Dues are $20 and due by September 23rd.
Students MUST have taken a FACS class or be currently enrolled in one to be eligible.
Boys Soccer Tryout Information
Band T-Shirt Order Form
- Aug. 18 - JV/V Volleyball @ West Morgan @ 4:00 p.m.
- Aug. 19 & 20 - JV/V Volleyball @ Juanita Boddie Tournament @ Hoover
- Aug. 19 - Varsity Football @ Hartselle @ 7:00 p.m. Theme: “Boot out the Tigers” (Hick Day)
AHS MINI Cheerleader Camp
- Mini cheer camp will be Saturday, Aug. 20!
- Be sure to register now online through the google form link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfijWUGt2gOKtGcaP3aZGSyPrSsNUn52Z9tOrb2USYF-FWjIw/viewform or at the door Saturday morning!!!
- Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m.
- We can’t wait to see you Saturday!!! Go Bears!!!
AHS Cheerleading Competition Dates
AHS Swim Team Schedule
- Sept 3 - Huntsville @ Huntsville Aquatic center
- Sept 24 - Bob Jones/James Clemens @ Dublin Park (Madison)
- Oct 13 - Cullman @ Cullman
- Oct 15 - Grissom @ Huntsville Aquatic center
- Oct 29 - Grissom @ Huntsville Aquatic center
- Nov 5 - Huntsville @ Huntsville Aquatic center
- Nov. 18 & 19: Sectional Tournament in Huntsville for qualified swimmers
- Dec. 2 & 3: State Tournament in Auburn for qualified swimmers
Click on this link to view all sporting events for the Austin Feeder Pattern