Welcome back to a new school year!
~Shelbie and Rebecca
Kelso's Choices Conflict Resolution Program
Dr. Jay Banks- "I AM UNAFRAID" Program
This year, Middle Tennessee Electric's Customers Care donated a grant to Jay Banks Productions, providing free assemblies to 16 schools in Middle Tennessee. As an audience of Dr. Banks for the last few years, Scales was grateful to receive one of our assemblies for free this year.
We look forward to having Dr. Banks return to Scales in future years!
Coffee and Book Club with the Counselors
Who? Scales Parents and Caregivers
What? Book Club! The book selection is Make Your Worrier A Warrior: A Guide to Conquering Your Child's Fears by Dan Peters, Ph.D. We will be covering the Introduction and Chapters 1 and 2 at our first meeting. Please feel free to join us!
Where? Scales Media Center
When? Thursdays from 2:45-3:30 p.m. beginning Thursday, October 1st. We will meet on the following dates:
- October 1st (Introduction, Chapters 1 and 2)
- October 8th (Chapters 3, 4, and 5)
- October 15th (No Book Club due to Harvest Parties)
- October 22nd (Chapter 6 and 7)
- October 29th (Chapter 8)
- November 5th (Chapters 9 and 10)
- November 12th (Chapters 11, 12, and 13)
- November 19th (Extra day if needed)
Thank you, and we hope to see you there!
The Role of the School Counselor
· Responsive Services- personal and crisis counseling, small group counseling, 504 and support services
· Classroom Curriculum- classroom lessons, character education, group activities, newsletters, and transition issues
· System Support- staff and community relations through consultation and collaboration
· Individual Planning- test planning and interpretation
Small Group Counseling (AKA: Lunch Bunch!)
- Divorce Care/Family Change
- Study Skills/Organization
Please keep in mind that depending on the need and the amount of referrals, some children will participate in the groups starting in January. Please know we are always available to meet with students individually to help with any concerns as well. Thank you!