Schoalrship of the Month
Rapoport Service Scholarships
The Rapoport Service Scholarship is designed for students that are interested in volunteerism, community service and service learning. The program combines academics with a required community service component that allows students to bridge their academic interests with community service. Community service work is designed to complement the student’s curriculum and create potential career opportunities. All Rapoport Scholars will join a Bridging Disciplines Program to further integrate their classroom, research, and internship experiences and their work as a Rapoport Scholar.
Scholars must apply separately to the Bridging Disciplines Program and follow BDP application instructions and deadlines. Scholars receive a laptop computer to use during the program and are awarded the computer upon completion of the program.
- Period: Competition is held at the beginning of each spring semester
- Amount of awards: $10,000 annually for a period of 3 years
- Computer: an Apple laptop is provided for each new scholar
- Deadline: See scholarship chart.
- Applicants must be undergraduate students currently enrolled in Liberal Arts or Undergraduate Studies
- Applicants must have less than 30 hours in-residence
- Applicants must be financial aid eligible
- No minimum GPA is required
- Successful completion of scholarship application including submission of two essays, a personal statement, and resume
- All Rapoport Scholars are required to participate in a Bridging Disciplines Program
- Scholars are required to take two courses: Leadership, Ethics and Society and Civic Engagement and Civic Responsibility
- Scholars perform 200 hours of community service each summer
- Recipients will be required to write a thank you letter
Contact Eric Bowles at email@example.com (512-232-3480) or
Hannah McKenna at firstname.lastname@example.org (512-471-9209)