Is Pilates good for you?
What is Pilates?
It's a system of exercises using special apparatus, designed to improve physical strength, flexibity, posture, and enhance mental awarness.
Why you should try Pilates
- The biggest benefit is personal awareness. It's awareness of how you sit, how you stand, how you move, and being able to relate those habits to the aches, pains, and injuries you have or had in the past.
- If we don't concentrate on building a good foundation and a strong core we'll end up tight in some places and weak in others.
- helps build flexibility
- posture which can provide relief from back pain and can even eliminate it entirely. Also, it can re-align the spine and improve your posture.
- increases strength and stamina by concentrating on the core muscles
- builds endurance in the legs, abs, arms, and back without adding any muscle bulk.
Why you shouldn't do Pilates
- can strain lumbar muscles if done incorrectly
- can cause injury
- muscles should contract simultaneously so that they inflate like a balloon inside the abdominal cavity, but incorrect technique can cause the pelvic muscles to descend which is bad news as it potentially weakening the back.
My opinion on Pilates
I conclude that Pilates are good for you because of flexibility, posture, balance, and strengthening your core.