SPECIAL EDITION Feb. 22, 2021
Welcome Back Kindergarten & Grade 1
Message from the Principal
Dear Wildcat Kindergarten and First Grade Families,
We are excited to welcome our Kindergarten and 1st Grade students to in-person instruction tomorrow Tuesday, February 23. There has been a lot of information coming out over the last few weeks. To help get you feel ready, please review ALL the information below.
Tips and Ideas:
- Practice washing your hands for 20 seconds. CDC When and How to Wash Your Hands
- Find a mask that is comfortable and get a few pairs. Masks should completely cover the mouth and nose, and fit snugly without gaps. Masks with exhalation valves and neck gaiters are not allowed. CDC Your Guide to Masks
- IF your child needs a mask, we will have masks available.
- Practice wearing your mask for extended periods.
- Get a reusable water bottle. Water fountains will not be used in the school.
- Review the arrival and dismissal map and the arrival video and make a plan for coming to and leaving school.
- Complete the PARENT INFO for ARRIVAL below to tell the school exactly how you will be going home.
- Collect the items you will need to bring to school. ALL school supplies will be provided.
On the Morning of 1st Day of School
- Eat a big breakfast/lunch. There will be no meals or snacks at school.
- Screen for signs of illness using the Daily Home Screening guide.
- Fill up your water bottle.
- Double check that you have your iPad and charger packed in your backpack.
- Don't forget your coat. The classroom might be a little chillier than normal.
Parent Info for Arrival and Dismissal - ACTION REQUIRED
Please complete this form to share your child's Go Home Plan before Tuesday morning.
This information is repeated in the video below.
PikMyKid - NEW Dismissal App Coming Soon!
Critical Message from the Westridge Office:
On that note, we are here to help make sure your child and you have the best year ever! Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns. We are in the office Monday through Friday from 7:30am - 3:00pm.
Jodi Steward and Andrea Murphy
Westridge Elementary School Office
Register for the School Bus
In preparation of our students being able to attend school in person, we need to be ready to provide bus transportation for all students who need it. We are encouraging families to walk, bike or carpool, when possible, but if you think your child will ever need to take the bus to or from school during the 2020-2021 school year they will need to be registered.
Please complete a registration for each child in your care. Thank you in advance for your prompt response in this essential preparation for onsite school. Register for the Bus with this link. For more information, see the Student Transportation of America website: https://www.losdschools.org/Domain/66