BAMS Staff Newsletter
January 18, 2016 - Volume 3, Issue 16
Be Awesome Today!!
Bessie Allen Middle School - SLO & Goals
By June of 2016, 80% of students in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade will show growth in their opinion writing rubric score from the September 2015 opinion writing rubric score.
- Have Patience and Courage
- Purposefully Use Learning Targets/Lesson Goals for Every Lesson
- Have Solution Based Discussions
- Be an Award Winning School - DPI School of Recognition/PBIS School of Merit
Driving Question for 2015-2016:
What have we changed with our instruction to prepare all our students for higher level thinking opportunities?
News and Notes
- I think STAR testing went well last week. We are getting a better idea of when to retest students to ensure we have valid data to drive what we do. Students will be taking the STAR Math assessment on Tuesday during math classes. Our goal again is to have 100% participation.
- School Dance - We had 100+ students attend the dance on Friday. Very cool! Lee Skaar and Matt Bertram were in attendance to help supervise and support. Our students represented themselves well. The last school dance of the year is scheduled for March.
- Don't forget about taking accurate daily attendance. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help with this.
- Bessie Allen Serves - Please pass me any photos and write ups of our students serving others. Check out the display by the office that highlights the work that has been done so far. Thank you for grade level teams for supporting these opportunities for our students.
- Data Wall Updated Soon - With our STAR testing taking place last week and this week, look for fresh data to be added to our data wall. We will then also have grade level data digs. The School Improvement Team will be reviewing school wide data in the near future.
Out of the Office
- January 19th - Admin meeting 9-11am, DMR
- January 20th - District EL Meeting 7:45-8:45am, Cafe
- January 25th - Conference at CESA 6 - all day
- January 26th - Admin meeting 9-11am, DMR
- January 27th - BCT Team Meeting 8:30-10:00am, Team Room
- February 10-12 - Middle School Principal Convention, All Day, Wisconsin Dells
Oriole Way - Be Ready, Be Respectful, Be Safe
OASYS and Teacher Effectiveness
To Do List
- Mid-Year SLO/PPG Review - Due TBD - a date will be set at a later time
- Complete Survey Analysis - CONTINUING Educators/Specialists - Due February 15th
- Complete Documentation Log - Due by May 15th
- Make 2 Professional Visits to Another Classroom - Due by End of Year
Click Here for a link to Teacher Effectiveness Info from CESA 6
Click Here for a Teacher Effectiveness Calendar for EDUCATORS/SPECIALISTS
Dates to Remember
January 19 - STAR Math Testing - during math classes
January 19 - 2nd Quarter Grades Due 3pm
January 20 - Staff Meeting 2:50-3:30pm
January 20 - Freshman Orientation for our 8th Graders - 6pm, HMPAC
January 22 - 7th Grade Ski Trip
January 25 - School Board Meeting 7pm
January 26 - BAMS Spelling Bee - 1:30pm - Pep Assembly Schedule
January 29 - 8th Grade Ski Trip
*See Google Doc titled "2015-2016 BAMS Yearly Calendar" for a look at events for the entire year.