SOLANA HIGHLANDS FRIDAY FOCUS
May, 24 2013 (Vol. 20)
Quote of the Week: “Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.” Vince Lombardi
2nd Grade Biography Reports
- Evacuation Drill - Great job on Thursday with our earthquake simulation. We are more prepared than ever before. I will be sending out some of the items learned and the changes we will incorporate for next year early next week.
- Mario - for being at school at 5:30 AM to help with the Pancake Breakfast today.
- Jen B., Kristie, Lisa S., and Lindsay - for attending the Inspiration Awards at last night's Board Meeting.
- Amir, Ellen, and Lindsay - for attending The Blue Roses Girls Fashion Show benefiting Autism Spectrum Disorder in Barona for one of our students (and previous students) on their weekend!
- The Kinder Team and Debbie Barba - for the super special kindergarten performance
- For the entire Staff - For promoting good citizenship (our pillar this month) these last few weeks of school. Continue to use those Love and Logic strategies and remember our long-term goal is to always help our students become more responsible, respectful and capable of doing better the next time.
- Debbie Otto - Happy Birthday (5/25)!!!
- Grades 1-4 - Be sure to have Theme 5 in Data Director. All grades should have grade level writing prompts completed by the end of May.
- Group 2 Dinah Brown Training - on Wednesday - 4:15-6:15 PM
- Gold Medal Lunch with the Principal - on Wed. and Thursday - Invitations will be placed in your boxes. Thank you Hollis.
- Torrey Pines Band Assembly - Wednesday on the basketball courts for all grade levels
- Open House on Thursday from 5:30-6:30 PM. So much to celebrate!
- Last Day to Return Books - Thursday
- Open House Parade - on Friday from 1:05-2:00. A map route will placed in your boxes next week.
The following article supports all of the great work that we have been doing at Solana Highlands to support 21st century learners.
Our new class pet? This is the weasel that came out of Heidi's and Kumud's 2nd story classroom! Amazing.