The LaCrosse Play-by-Play
News from Mrs. LaCrosse's 2nd Grade Classroom
I hope you had a wonderful week! I'm sure you have seen your child's red "Everyday" folder and reading folder/reading log coming home each night. Please ensure your child is reading the required 30 minutes each night from the book inside the folder.
We earned our WARM FUZZY PARTY this week! Students watched Rio 2 on Friday afternoon. What fun!
Please let me know if you have any questions. Have a wonderful weekend!
Please ask your child:
- Did you take any AR tests this week? How did you do?
- What did you read about this week during reading?
- What do you know about main idea? Where can you sometimes find the main idea (at the beginning, at the end, or sometimes inferred)?
- You are doing science writing. What are important parts of writing a lab report?
- What is a hypothesis?
- Tell me about some experiments you've done. How have you written them up?
- What is a "friendly" number?
- What are some ways friendly numbers help us in addition and subtraction?
- Show me how you can solve 7 + 9 (make a ten method)
- Show me how you can solve 6 + 5 (doubles method).
- Show me how you can solve 12 + 7 + 8 (compatible numbers method).
- Show me how you can solve 50 + 80 (common zeros method).
Please encourage your child's use of IXL at home to support the learning at school!
The Week Ahead...
NEXT WEEK IS AMERICAN EDUCATION WEEK! Students may wear JERSEYS or TEAM SHIRTS on Monday to show how we all work together as a team.
NO SCHOOL 11/24 through 11/28. I look forward to seeing you at conferences on the 24th and 25th!