Park Hill HS Parent Newsletter
Home of the Trojans
January 6, 2023
7:50 a.m. - 2:58 p.m.
Dr. Brad Kincheloe
Dr. Deborah Miller
Dr. Corey Willich
Dr. Shiloh Dutton
Ms. Elisha Smith
Mr. Tom Garth
Message from the Principal
A valuable lesson from the tradition of Santa Clause is, too often, lost on society. The joy parents know when their little believers are certain that Santa brought them a gift creates a fond memory. Assigning the credit to Santa rather than taking it themself it is much more fun. Santa’s lesson: Give more credit than is due and accept less than is earned. I hope you had a great holiday!
The second Semester Open House will be on Tuesday, January 10 at 7:00 p.m. Please meet in the Auditorium for a quick welcome from Dr. Kincheloe before being released to follow an abbreviated version of your student’s schedule. Teachers will provide you with important information such as a class syllabus, routines, special rules/needs and contact information. Please don’t forget to bring a copy of your student’s schedule. We hope to see you there.
Park Hill Trojans basketball season is underway and it’s time for our annual Courtwarming Dance!
The dance will be held in the upstairs gym directly after the basketball game on January 27th, approximately 8:30 pm.
Remember, any Park Hill student bringing a guest from outside of Park Hill High MUST complete the Guest Dance Form.
Dance forms will be available at the Activities window, Student Services, and the Counseling office.
Tickets will be $5.00 per person and sold during lunch the week of the dance through Thursday the 26th.
ID’s are required at the door.
For more information, please contact the Activities office at 816-359-6086.
SENIORS NEXT SCHOOL YEAR
Attention PHHS family members with students who will be SENIORS NEXT SCHOOL YEAR!
The Platte County Health Department is partnering with Park Hill School District to provide the required and recommended immunizations for students entering 12th grade on February 23rd, 2023, at Park Hill High School. The deadline for PHHS registration is 2/9/2023.
Here is the link to sign up: https://hipaa.jotform.com/223474126659159
Park Hill High School Spring 2023 BTS Clinic Registration
Please click the link to complete this form.
If you have any questions, please call Park Hill Health Room at 816-359-4114 or reach out to Steph Steward, LPN at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ashley Hendrickson, RN at email@example.com.
Nominations for Park Hill High School Staff Members
Excellence in Teaching Nomination form - Northland Chamber of Commerce
- Please nominate a teacher, guidance counselor or librarian that has been an instructional leader in the classroom and among colleagues as well as shown excellence in working with parents.
- Deadline: Friday, January 13, 2023
Excellence in Service to Education Nomination form - Northland Chamber of Commerce
- Please nominate an administrative assistant, food service staff member, custodian, teaching assistant, nurse, resource officer, or administrator that has provided exceptional service to staff, students or projects and has provided service beyond their regular duties.
- Deadline: Friday, January 13, 2023
Life Changer of the Year Nomination Form
Criteria for this award includes:
- A proven ability to make a beneficial difference in the lives of students
- The ability to create a positive school atmosphere
- Leadership within his/her school and/or district
- A record of excellent performance at the professional level
- Commitment to producing a nurturing atmosphere
- Adherence to high moral and ethical standards
Pioneer in Education Nomination Form
- This is an award from Missouri Department of Elementary & Secondary Education.
- Selection is based on unique contributions to Missouri Public Education
- Nominees can be long-serving school teachers and administrators.
- Deadline: February 15, 2023
PBIS at PHHS
Coffee with Dr. Kincheloe
TIME: 8:00 a.m.—9:00 a.m.
WHERE: PHHS Lobby Conference Room
Join Dr. Kincheloe in the lobby conference room for an informal discussion about Park Hill High School. This is a great opportunity for you to ask questions about our school philosophy, how class sections are formed, technology, testing, community connections, or whatever is on your mind. Drop by and share your thoughts and concerns. We’ll keep the coffee hot for you.
Parent Schoology Access Video Tutorial
Infinite Campus Parent Portal Video Tutorial
Infinite Campus Parent Portal Log-in
District staff and students can call or chat with the Help Desk Monday-Friday between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. You can also submit a Help Desk ticket online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 816-359-5000