Runyan Elementary Mission
At Runyan Elementary, we are a safe and welcoming community dedicated to student-focused learning driven by high expectations for all.
Thank You for Approving the CISD Bond!
We are so grateful and excited about the improvements coming to Runyan, especially the addition of a gym for our students! Thank you for supporting our students!
Upcoming Special Events
Winter Break, December 20 - January 8
- The person picking up your child will need the correct dismissal sign and their ID.
- If the person picking up your child is not listed as a parent / emergency contact, please send a note with your child beforehand letting us know s/he has permission to pick your child from school.
- If you child will go home in a different manner than usual, please send a note to the teacher to let him/her know the plan.
2nd Grade Musical Program
Visitors will need ID to enter campus.
Change for Chows!
Additional Calendar Information for December:
- 11/25-11/29 Thanksgiving break -- student holiday
- 12/4 PK vision checks -- all PK students need to be at school, if possible
- 12/5 Science DCC (2nd-4th graders)
- 12/6 Attendance party for classes with the best attendance in November
- 12/9 Piano recital for piano students
- 12/10 Kindergarten hearing and dental screening -- all Kindergarten students need to be at school, if possible
- 12/11 Social Studies DCC (2nd-4th graders)
- 12/12 Math benchmark (3rd graders)
- 12/12 Math DCC (1st-2nd graders)
- 12/12 Junior Achievement for Kindergarten
- 12/13 2nd grade music program (9:00 and 1:30)
- 12/18 Polar Express for Kindergarten
- 12/18 Gingerbread Houses for 4th graders
- 12/19 Winter parties at 11:20
- 12:20-1/7 Winter Break -- student holiday
- 1/8 Classes resume
PK / Kinder Bus Signs for Parents
The Importance of Washing Hands
Important Arrival / Dismissal Procedures
- Doors open at 7:30 each morning. This is the earliest students may be dropped off for school. There is no supervision for students prior to that time, so please do not drop students off earlier than 7:30.
- Students who dismiss as walkers must walk home. They may not be picked up by someone driving to the walker area in a car, even when the weather is bad. All students leaving school in a car must dismiss through the car-rider line, and cars may not park along the road to pick up a walker.
- Cars may only make a right turn into the car-rider line. This means cars will have to drive West down Foster Dr. in order to turn right into the line. (Left turns will not be allowed.) Cars may join the car-rider line on Foster from Porter Road or from Cedar Crossing. Please do not make U-turns on Foster Drive, as it creates a safety hazard for drivers.
- To make a dismissal change, parents may email the school at email@example.com and include a picture of their driver's license. All dismissal change requests must be received BEFORE 2:45 so we have time to communicate the change to the dismissal duty staff.
CISD Non-Discrimination Statement:
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner.
For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.