ESS Weekly Family Update
Week ending 9/9/2022
Update from Mrs. Weber
We had a great week! Despite the rainy weather day 1, all went very well!
Thank you to the PTO for the Back to School sign-it looked great. Thank you to all who donated drinks for the staff room-it is greatly appreciated.
Please remember that Nutella is a nut product and may not be brought in for lunch. Also please be conscious of snacks that may contain nuts as well.
We welcome several new teachers this year-Mr Murphy is our new PE teacher, replacing Mr Belade who decided to go into Job Coaching, Ms Filipe is our new art teacher who replaces Ms Kershaw who decided to transfer to the high school to teach photography and Ms Grenier who comes to us from Sunnyside and runs the ALC 2 classroom. We are very lucky to have these great educators at ESS.
Be mindful that we are not an air conditioned school when dressing your child. Closed toe shoes are best for the playground.
Please scroll all the way down for important information and flyers
Have a great weekend-Mrs. Weber
September Breakfast/Lunch Menus
Updated breakfast/lunch information-
Lunch and breakfast are available each day for all students at NO COST until the end of October.
Parents/Guardians should fill out the application attached below for Free/Reduced lunch, even though you think you may not qualify. When the funds run out and if you have not already filled out a form, you will be expected to pay full price for each breakfast and lunch your child receives.
A menu will be sent home electronically at the beginning of each month with food choices (subject to availability). Students may also bring lunch from home. We do not have room in the cafeteria for visitors to eat lunch with students.
We are a nut free school-any foods containing nut products may not be brought in. Only food served by the cafeteria or lunch boxes from home will be permitted. Please check all ingredients and treats, especially if you are sending your child in with a boxed lunch such as "Lunchable". Many times the candy in those items contain nuts.
We do not have a microwave for students to heat lunches and staff will not cut up food for students. Please be sure your child knows how to open their lunches, drinks and lunch boxes. Now is a great time to practice!
ESS PTO Happenings
PTO Calendar 22/23
JOIN THE ESS PTO!
UPCOMING PTO MEETINGS
All PTO meetings will be held in the Cafeteria at ESS at 6:30PM.
DID YOU KNOW?
last year the ESS PTO…
- Organized the Back to School Party
- Held numerous Spirit Days
- Organized Trunk or Treat
- Organized Family Fun Night at Lake Quassy
- Designed Spirit Wear and the Yearbook
- Planned Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week
- Helped plan and sponsor the majority of the ESS cultural arts events
Become a yearly member of the ESS PTO
for $10 at:
Your dues will help the PTO sponsor many programs and events that directly support the students!!
Corporate Sponsorship Programs at ESS!
Help Raise Money to Support our School
Amazon Smile! – Please go to smile.amazon.com when shopping from Amazon. Many products are eligible to earn 0.5% for our school. These products are marked “eligible for Amazon Smile donation”.
On your first purchase through AmazonSmile you need to select the organization for donation. Select: Elizabeth Shelton School PTO.
Your selection will be remembered for future purchases.
Thank you for your support!
Have a business? Fill out this form so we can create an ESS Family Business directory:
Please fill out this survey for PTO if you own your own business- we want to support our own!
Link to order Spirit wear
Dates to Know
- Friday September 16- PTO Family Picnic-5:00-8:00-Food trucks, DJ, etc
- Last day to submit summer reading/math packets
- Wednesday September 21-hat day
- Summer reading/math celebration-only for those students who sent theirs in
- Monday September 26-No School-Rosh Hashanah
- Monday October 3-Back to School Night (for adults only)-6:00 PM
- Wednesday October 5-No School-Yom Kippur
- Monday October 10-No School-Columbus Day
- Wednesday October 12-Picture Day
- DIsney Day
- Wednesday October 19-Unity Day/Stop Bullying Day
- Thursday October 20-Parent Conferences-6:00-8:00 PM
- Friday October 21-Early Dismissal Day-1:50 PM
- Trunk or Treat-Sponsored by the PTO
- Wednesday October 26-Book Character Day
- Friday October 28- Fall Craft/Snack Day
- Monday October 31- Black/Orange Day
- Monday October 31-Friday November 4-Book Fair