DMS Week 3 Community Newsletter
August 25, 2023 - Back To School Night is Thursday, 8/31
Back To School Night - Thursday, 8/31
- Please remember to follow the schedule in order
- The bell schedule is listed on the image and here for your convenience
- We are looking forward to seeing you at 6:00 PM on Thursday, August 31, 2023
- Back to School Night is a non-student event for parents and guardians only
ELAC - English Learner Advisory Council
Parent Involvement Opportunity
The DMS English Learner Advisory Council ensures that our families who speak a primary language other than English have a voice in our school community. We would love to hear from you. Please save the dates for our ELAC meetings this year.
Want to learn more? Join us Thursday, August 31 at 5:15 (before Back to School Night) for a Welcome Dessert in room 310.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a translator to attend.
Purchase Device Insurance For Limited Time
Support Your Student In Canvas & Infinite Campus
Temecula Valley uses a learning management system (LMS) called Canvas. Parents are able to link up with their students' Canvas accounts to view course progress, assignments, and more. Becoming a Canvas Observer is how parents and guardians can view their child's lessons, assignment due dates, scores, and more.
Click here to be a parent observer in Canvas.
Click here to understand how Assignments work in Canvas.
While Canvas is where students can access lessons, submit assignments, and receive scores/feedback. Infinite Campus is the official portal for grades and should be checked often. Please see the links below for information on how to set up notifications through Infinite Campus.
Spirit Week & Picture Day This Week
Picture & ID Card Day - Tuesday, August 29
Safety First During Student Drop Off & Pick Up
- Please abide by traffic laws to keep our students and community safe.
- Students and parents should only cross the street at the intersection.
- Use designated crosswalks and sidewalks to reconnect with your children
- U-turns on double yellow lines are not permitted.
- Student safety is of utmost importance and we greatly appreciate your cooperation.
Title I Parent Notification
Your child is attending a school receiving Title I federal funds through the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA). At the beginning of each school year, there are annual notifications that you will receive electronically they are attached in this newsletter. If you would prefer a hard copy, please contact the school.
Click on the titles below to review each notification.
- Student lunch applications are one of the ways schools receive additional state and federal funds.
- Please complete the online lunch application even if you think you don't qualify or even if your child packs their lunch.
- Yes, breakfast (served only during break) and lunches are still FREE for ALL DMS students this year, but these applications help us get more materials and programs to help our students.
- This can only help our school!
Library Opens This Week
Vapes Disguised as Highlighters
Student Safety Alert
- Be aware a new product called Highlight Vape is on the market and looks just like a normal highlighter.
- They come in multiple colors and sizes.
- These vapes contain nicotine, are illegal for those under 21 years of age, are prohibited by law on school grounds, and a suspendable offense (see references below).
- An internet search for Highlight Vape will provide additional information.