I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving Break. At the Bates household, we kept it simple because my daughter was on her third quarantine. There was still plenty of joy, pies, and treats to be had by all. Then on Friday, our elf Sparkles arrived and we spent the day decorating inside and out. I get so much joy experiencing the wonder and magic of the holidays through my girls’ eyes.
New Face in the Office
As you can imagine, there is a lot to running a school and many things she will need to learn. Please be patient when you call and share kindness as she learns the ins and outs of Prairie View.
Kristi Evans will be taking over attendance calls and changes. Should you need to communicate an absence or transportation change, email email@example.com. It would be best if you could include Christy Barnett as well at firstname.lastname@example.org. This will help ensure we have the most up-to-date information as we make the transition.
Winter Wonderland Event
Sat. Dec. 11th 2021 | 8-11am
Let’s get together as a community to celebrate the holiday season, while also helping our local families in need. *Please bring a canned good or non-perishable food item in lieu of admission*
Amazing Vendors & Raffle Items GALORE
Crafts, Games & Scavenger Hunts
Pictures with Santa
Travelin’ Tom’s Coffee Truck
Rambling Rounds Donut Truck
*While this is a free event to attend, cash and/or credit will be accepted for food trucks, vendor purchases & raffle item tickets*
We are still in need of Volunteers for the event. All the information about the event and how to sign up to volunteer can be found on this Flyer.
Please note, we are watching out for covid numbers closely. At this point, our numbers are great and we have experienced a very low positivity rate these past couple of weeks. Should we experience an increase similar to after the Halloween break, we will consider other options for the event. Communication will be sent should this be the case.
Christmas Blessings 2021
Help bless families this Christmas…
This year for the Christmas Shoppe gift drive, we will use the gift registries at Amazon and Walmart. Read below to find out the details of how to access the registries. Gifts should be returned to school or shipped to Morning Star Church no later than Monday, December 2nd.
Amazon: Use this link https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3MROMU89D9T0Y?ref_=wl_share
Walmart Online Shopping: Use this link https://www.walmart.com/registry/ER/da0920b6-834f-44ae-bf59-779ba6ebb7bf
If you would prefer, you can purchase gift cards to various stores and we will deliver them to Morningstar Church.
Thank you for supporting our families!!!
12 Days of Jeans
- Mon Dec 6 - Run from the Abominable Snowman Bumble. Wear your exercise clothes.
- Tues Dec 7 - ”I took a lick from my peppermint stick and thought it tasted yummy." Wear your red and white.
- Wed Dec 8 - ”The stockings were hung by the chimney with care…” Wear your favorite holiday socks.
- Thur Dec 9 - Sparkly and bright. Wear something sparkly, bright, and/or shiny.
- Fri Dec 10 - Frozen Friday. Wear your favorite warm flannel shirt.
- Mon Dec 13 - “There must have been some magic in that old silk hat they found...” Wear your favorite hat, elf ears, antlers, etc.
- Tues Dec 14 - We wish you a Merry Christmas--Dress like a present, ribbon, bows, etc.
- Wed Dec 15 - Silent Night-Wear your pj’s or comfy clothes
- Thur Dec 16 - Baby it’s cold outside... Wear your favorite scarf, hat, winter attire.
- Fri Dec 17- Christmas color challenge. Each grade will wear a different color. K-purple, 1st-blue, 2nd-red, 3rd-green, 4th-pink, 5th-yellow, 6th-orange, sped, reading, & specials black and office white.
- Mon Dec 20 - Christmas vacation theme - Wear tropical shirts, sunglasses, etc.
- Tues Dec 21 - Fashion Show Day. Wear your Ugly Christmas Sweater
COVID-19 MITIGATION MEASURES (Active again at PVE)
Dr. Cain shared an update that outlined adjustments to the modified quarantine process. The Board voted to put into place effective Monday, October 4 that “modified quarantine” would allow asymptomatic close contacts of an exposure to remain in school during their contact period if they comply with the following:
Exposed case will wear properly fitted mask correctly and consistently during their quarantine period.
That student’s health be monitored for any signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
MSHSAA guidelines are followed when it comes to participation in competitive play.
This procedure would be applicable only if the student’s school building of attendance is at a rate of positivity of under 4%
Additionally, the Mitigation Measures remain in place going forward.