Learn all about Blackberries, and why they are good for you!
Benefits of Eating Blackberries!
- Blackberries contain compounds that will help protect you from:
- Heart Damage
- Brain Damage
- Cell Damage
- High in antioxidants Which:
- Aids in Lower Cholesterol
- Protection from HIV infections
- Protection from forms of cancer
- High in Fiber,
- Prevents Colon Cancer
A Blackberry-Cherry Smoothie Recipe!
- 1 cup cherries, pitted
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 small bananas, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 8 ounces of filtered water
History of Blackberries!
- The formal name of the blackberry is Rubus fructicosus.
- Blackberries were always considered wild, so in the early days they were not gathered.
- Identifying species is difficult because of so many types of blackberries.
- It is hard to trace the origin since blackberries grow all over the earth. Might have been started growing in:
- North America
- South America
Blackberry Fun Facts!
- Has one of the highest antioxidant levels of all fruits
- Promotes healthy tightening of tissue, which makes skin look younger
- The high tannin content of blackberries will help prevent intestinal inflammation