Clifford's Coaching Corner
Steiner Ranch Elementary
THINGS TO KNOW:
- The TPRI window is CLOSING MONDAY 9/19
- PLC for 3rd-5th this week
- WatchDogs begin this week
- 3rd grade science assessment window opens 9/21
- PROGRESS REPORTS- Wednesday 9/21
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
Think Through Math overview/training - (optional, 3-5 teachers) meet with the Instructional Coach that supports our district. Come ask questions, collaborate with others, and hopefully learn something new - BRING YOUR OWN CHARGED DEVICE!
Choose from the following dates/locations:
TUESDAY - Oct. 4th THURSDAY - Oct. 6th
Reed Elementary Library Camacho Elementary Library
- The Heart of Texas Writing Project has released their 2016-2017 training calendar. The sessions are on Saturdays from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm and cost only $25. The first session, on Sept. 24, is all about setting up Writing Workshop - "Starting a Writer's Workshop: Common Problems, Practical Solutions." PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED AND I CAN GIVE YOU MORE INFORMATION.
- Continuous Improvement Institute- This institute is focused on sharing our Continuous Improvement philosophy and tools, developing and implementing your own PDSA cycle, and collaborating with other LISD employees as you strive to grow professionally. We will have small groups meeting at various locations around the district to meet the needs of all employees, whether you are a classroom teacher or non-instructional staff.
LEADER IN ME
TLIM Resource: The Leader in Me Online
Classroom Newsletter Blurb:
Leader In Me- For the month of September we are continuing to learn how to use Habit 1 - Be Proactive. Using Habit 1, your child has control over the way they react to situations in life. They can be reactive (I'll try) or proactive (I'll do it) in their response to a situation. One way this skill is taught in the classroom is by explaining that reactive people make choices based on impulse and as the pressure builds, they suddenly explode. Picture a soda bottle after it's been shaken up. Proactive people are like water bottles. Shake them up all you want and nothing comes out - no fizzing, bubbling, or pressure. They are calm, cool and in control. To learn more about The Seven Habits and how they can be used at home, visit "Parent's Place" at http://www.theleaderinme.org/parents/
Week 5: (9/19-9/23)- Habit 1- Be Proactive
Learning Target: I can use Proactive language.
Week 6: (9/26-9/30)- Habit 2- Begin with the End in Mind
Learning Target: I can tell you what it means to Begin With the End in Mind.
Week 7: (10/3-10/7)- Habit 2- Begin with the End in Mind
Learning Target K-1: I can set a goal.
Learning Target 2-5: I can set a personal goal and an academic goal.
DATES TO PUT ON YOUR CALENDAR
Sept 19- Lighthouse Meeting/Cadre Meeting
Sept 19- Watch Dogs Start
Sept 19- TPRI DUE in AWARE First and Second
Sept 20- Fourth PLC
Sept 21- Fifth PLC
Sept 21- Third Science Module Opens
Sept 21- PROGRESS REPORTS
Sept 22- Third PLC
Sept 26- ITL meeting
Sept 27- Kinder PLC/Tier 2
Sept 28- Second PLC/Tier 2
Sept 29- First PLC/Tier 2
Sept 29- RTI Tier 3 (3-5)
Sept 30- K-1 Baseline Scores DUE in AWARE
Oct 3- PreK RSKI assessment opens
Oct 3- 4th/5th Science assessment opens
Oct 3- K-5th DRA window opens
Oct 3- TPRI/ERI Kinder opens
Oct 4- Fourth PLC/Tier 2
Oct 5- Fifth PLC/Tier 2
Oct 5- K-1 Math Pilot meeting @planning
Oct 6- Third PLC/Tier 2
Oct 6- RTI Tier 3 (K-2)