By Alissa Tonucci
De Monarchia: relationship between secular authority and religious authority.
De Vulgari Eloquentia: a Latin essay written by Dante discussing the relationship between vernacular and the structure of the canto.
La Vita Nova: an expression of the medieval genre of courtly love.
- It was first called divine by a man who is named Giovanni Boccaccio.
- Took place in hell, purgatory, and heaven.
- It is an epic poem because it is told by Dante himself in the first person point of view.
- He wrote a a,b,a rhyme pattern in his cantos.
- Dante started his journey in hell and he eventually works his way up to heaven.
- Dante was accompanied by the Virgil.
- Judas, Brutus, and Cassius had personalities with Satan.
- Famous people in hell were; Judas, Brutus, and Cassius. Famous people in heaven were several saints.
- Inferno was published first, then purgatorio, and then lastly, paridioso.
- It was published in 1317.