This Is How We Lakeview
January Edition: Volume 2
A few reminders
Please make sure that your student is charging their Chromebook before coming to school. We have been seeing an increase in the number of students who are coming with their device not charged and we do not have extra charging cords at the school.
If you drop off your student in the morning, please do not park and have them walk across the parking lot as this is a safety concern. All students should be dropped off in the drop off line at the curb to prevent them from having to cross through 2 lanes of traffic. The line moves quickly in the mornings, so this should not be an issue.
Cell phones are to be powered off and in book bags during the school day, this includes at lunch. If you need to get a message to your student during the day, please call the main office.
Order your Yearbook today!
PN Lacrosse kick off meeting announcement
2021 Pickerington North and Pickerington Lakeview Lacrosse Interest/Kick off meeting
Friday, January 29, 2021
BeastMode Training Center
4460 Old Columbus Rd. NW
Carroll, Ohio 43112
5-8 PM Arrival times are staggered
Girls Meeting 5 PM – 6:20
Arrival Times: Seniors 5 PM, Juniors 5:05, Sophomore & Freshman 5:10 and Junior High School at 5:15
Informational meeting will begin at 5:20 and end at 6:20
Boys Meeting 6:40 – 8 PM
Arrival Times: Senior 6:40, Juniors 6:45, Sophomore & Freshmen 6:50 and Junior High School 6:55
Informational meeting will begin promptly at 7 PM
MASKS REQUIRED. If you are not feeling well. Please do not attend.
All current players MUST complete COVID Symptom check.
Please bring your own chair and social distance from other attendees.
Spirit wear will be available for purchase. Venmo and Cash only. Order forms will also be available.
Digital Citizenship and preventing at-risk behaviors
Students in PAW Time are focusing on Digital Citizenship this week. Our 8th Graders lesson this week discussed creating and managing your Digital Footprint. 7th Graders focused on Cyberbullying. As our students continue to grow and mature, it is important to teach and develop the skills necessary for a healthy and safe online presence. You are welcome to click on the links above to view the supporting videos and then use the linked resources for the applicable lesson to engage with your student(s) concerning this information. Additional resources for families: Commonsensemedia.org, Overview of Digital Citizenship, StopBullying.gov, Tips for Digital Footprint
Students in 7th grade social studies started their Botvin Lifeskills lessons this week. Botvin lifeskills is a 3 year research based program that focuses on raising awareness and building skills to prevent at-risk behaviors. Our 7th graders began this program last year in the 6th grade. We are excited to continue supporting our students and helping them develop healthy habits.
iReady Second Diagnostic
Welcome back from break. We hope you had the opportunity to celebrate the holidays and new year. Beginning January 11th through January 29th, we will be administering the i-Ready Diagnostic test for Reading and i-Ready or ALEKS Diagnostic test for Math. The Diagnostic test is important because it helps us identify what your student knows and what they need to learn.
Please see the attached letter for more information.
Second Payment for Pay to Participate due January 29th
Please refer to the Board of Education Policy 2432.04 AG for more information.
- Payments may be made by check, money order, cash, or credit card. Make checks payable to Pickerington Local School District. Payments may be made in one or two installments. School buildings will announce the times and places to make payments.
- All school fees from previous years must be paid in full in order to participate.
- A returned (NSF) check or non-payment will render the student ineligible to participate (including practice) until the fee is paid in full. An additional fee will be assessed for a returned check. Payments for returned checks may be made by money order, cash, or credit card.
- Students participating in athletics, co-curricular activities, theatre, and music may not participate in practice, contests, or even scrimmages until the payment is received or arrangements for payment have been made.
- Students who do not pay a minimum of 50% by the first payment date and do not pay their fees in full by the second payment date, will be removed from all participation until the payment is made.
- High school students participating in two or more sports in the same season will pay the standard fee ($275) for the first sport and $140 for any subsequent sports in the same season.
The Community Corner
- This past Wednesday’s staff meeting served as a follow-up to Dr. Arianna Howard’s presentation from January 6th. Administration and counselors shared some information from the Panorama survey that students took in the fall; these data pieces have been informing what supports make up the Social Justice MTSS framework that the admin/counseling team has been working on throughout the year. Data shared with the staff include:
95% of our students feel that their teachers are respectful toward them
43% of our students agree that they feel like valued members of the school community
31% of our students agree that they feel connected to the adults in the building
- Staff then took part in small-group breakout sessions to look at our three focus areas (students, staff, and families) and to discuss what ideas they had that could be used to help improve the lower percentages related to feeling valued and feeling connected to staff.
- Our work now begins by looking at what ideas we can start to flesh out, identifying staff members who want to continue the conversation, identifying ways to gather student input, and putting together an action plan.
- If you have ideas/suggestions or just want to be part of the conversations when those opportunities arise, please indicate your interest in the Family Feedback Form.
Updates from the Family Feedback Form
The Lakeview Family Feedback Form
Sign up for Meals on Virtual Days
Breakfast and lunch are free for ALL students on their virtual days!
The deadline to sign up for the week is Monday by 10am. If you would like to receive breakfast and lunch for the days your student is virtual, please click on the correct link to sign up. Remember that you need to sign up for this every week.
Virtual Learning Academy link - https://forms.gle/GDUD99SzVPxeKmG66
Cohort A link https://forms.gle/M3tMsDDnUdk12PWq8
Cohort B link https://forms.gle/51mAnzb5Mqbjs9Xv7